Windows 10: Back up and restore - two questions

Discus and support Back up and restore - two questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Question one: what is the difference between backup and restore (Windows 7), which I find via the control panel and the backup utility in the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Perplexed user99, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Back up and restore - two questions

Question one: what is the difference between backup and restore (Windows 7), which I find via the control panel and the backup utility in the new settings menu? Specifically which is better by which I mean faster, more reliable easy to use. (see images below)

Question two: my entire C drive (I have no partitions) is 381 GB. I have backed up to a 750 GB drive using the backup and restore (windows 7) utility. It only adds changes and I have set it to delete the previous system image (I am backing up four libraries and the system image, the libraries are about 150 GB). But it says it doesn't have enough space to complete a backup. Why? Is something broken or do I need a larger drive?

This image shows the backup utility in the new settings menu:

Back up and restore - two questions 708b161b-9916-4a90-a3f4-9c559e7f542a?upload=true.jpg

This image shows the backup and recovery (windows 7) utility from the control panel:

Back up and restore - two questions 7f0ae48d-f9c9-4621-a8c1-0715b1f7b78e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Perplexed user99, Aug 2, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Back up and restore - two questions [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Back up and restore - two questions

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Back up and restore - two questions

1. Back up and restore - two questions - Similar Threads - restore questions

2. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  3. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  4. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  6. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  7. Microsoft factory restore questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft factory restore questions: Hello,I have some questions regarding the factory resotore settings. I have windows 10 on my computer but I got windows 10 from the free upgrade promotion microsoft was running for windows 7 users a couple years back. So my question is if I do a factory restore as instructed...
  8. Microsoft factory restore questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft factory restore questions: Hello,I have some questions regarding the factory resotore settings. I have windows 10 on my computer but I got windows 10 from the free upgrade promotion microsoft was running for windows 7 users a couple years back. So my question is if I do a factory restore as instructed...
  9. Microsoft factory restore questions

10. A question about system image restore and restore point.

A question about system image restore and restore point.: Hi, I'm planning to do those registry changes to make the boot animation go from spinning dots to that ring. So, I want to make a restore point and also create a system image in case anything happens and my system won't boot up. So, do I need to keep the system image on a...