Windows 10: How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?

Discus and support How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I know if a back up has ended and was successfully?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by guidovanoppen, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?

How do I know if a back up has ended and was successfully?

:)

guidovanoppen, Jan 24, 2020

2. 'Windows Backup did not complete successfully'

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] 'Windows Backup Did Not Complete Successfully' In Windows 10

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully? [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jan 25, 2020
  4. How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on
      “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy”
      double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to
      stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?

1. How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully? - Similar Threads - backup has ended

2. Running backup successfully with win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  3. Running backup successfully with win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  4. how do i backup to dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i backup to dvd: how do i backup to dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-to-dvd/13ea7bcd-4a4e-4f26-9aed-54c1095d4832
  5. how do i backup to dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i backup to dvd: how do i backup to dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-to-dvd/13ea7bcd-4a4e-4f26-9aed-54c1095d4832
  6. how do I remove the "support for office 2010 has ended" message?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    how do I remove the "support for office 2010 has ended" message?: Is there a simple way to keep this message from appearing anytime I open Word or Excel? I'm in win10pro 20H2 build 19042.685 Thanks Mark 170898
  7. How do I create a backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  8. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  9. I am getting an error when doing a backup (The last backup did not complete successfully....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am getting an error when doing a backup (The last backup did not complete successfully....: I am getting an error when doing a backup (The last backup did not complete successfully. The error code is 0x80070013). I think that this started to happen after I made the last upgrade for Windows 10. Please help...
  10. How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?: I have an external hard drive (Drive D). I also have a Samsung Galaxy phone. If I plug the phone into a USB port to transfer photos the phone appears in my computer alongside the various drives with its own phone icon. I have no problem accessing the phone and all its files...