Windows 10: Background apps are they needed

Discus and support Background apps are they needed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have an Asus transformer T100taf that is having battery problems. After a full charge and doing a shutdown, the battery is drained overnight. Battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by meebers, Mar 22, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

Background apps are they needed

Have an Asus transformer T100taf that is having battery problems. After a full charge and doing a shutdown, the battery is drained overnight. Battery usage info does not show a problem with the biggest user being the screen.(turns off with shutdown) After chasing this problem for several weeks, found a solution. I have turned off all background apps and leave them off. I see no apparent loss of function or performance. I assume they are in the background so as to give a faster start up of a particular app? I "think" that what might be happening is that wifi is still on?? updates are checking/installing, scans etc. I further assumed that when you did a shutdown, it meant just that?? Since I did this ~2 weeks ago, battery might loose 1-2% overnight. What am I missing that MS thinks these apps need to be turned on?

:)

meebers, Mar 22, 2017

2. Whenever I click on the apps they say they are open in my task bar but nothing shows up on the screen?

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

I suggest you to Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also, let us know if the issue occurs in Microsoft account or Local account.

Do you get any error message?

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Whenever I click on the apps they say they are open in my task bar but nothing shows up on the screen?

I recently came across a problem where whenever I click on the apps Chrome and Skype they say they are open in my task bar but nothing shows up on the screen? I have tried reinstalling them both and nothing seems to work? Please help.

Original Title: app function with windows 10

JustinHarrell, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

I simply went down the list of Background Apps, around 55 in all, and switched them all Off.
    I switched On - Mail, People, Settings, Weather and that's all.
    Mail and Weather I have Live Tiles so obviously they need to be On.

It's entirely your choice, what you don't want/use obviously Off.

Being Off won't stop you using any of those Apps, just stops pointless junk running in the background.

Helmut, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Background apps are they needed - Similar Threads - Background apps are

2. Apps in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps in background: Hello, I am trying to stop Messenger app Facebook working in the background. I did disable the app in the list of "Background apps" in the settings. After that I restarted the computer also, but still I receive notifications from the app when someone writes me on Facebook...
  3. Background Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Apps: How do you turn off background apps on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-apps/bace7128-5414-4580-bdd6-772b350d2925
  4. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  5. Apps running in background .

Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  6. Background apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background apps: Can someone help me with this problem? Why is it happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-apps/de154c9e-a70e-4f34-9041-fe5317b3fe55
  7. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  8. Unknown Background App

Unknown Background App: Recently upgraded to 1803, Now I have this unknown background app. What is it and how can I remove it? [img] 109783
  9. Need to Change Default Background

Need to Change Default Background: Good Evening All, Windows 10 just upgraded itself to TH-2. One of the annoying things since I have upgraded to WIn-10 was that I have no control over that default white background for everything. It really hurts my eyes. Can someone give me a registry hack, or a tool...
  10. Background apps

Background apps: Some background apps appear even when turned off the only thing that stop them from appearing is disable superfetch or to open the apps and close them or end them from task manager. Is there are way I can stop these apps from appearing in task manager? 48841