Windows 10: Background Apps broken in 1803?

Discus and support Background Apps broken in 1803? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After performing a clean install of 1803 on W10 Pro x64, I've noticed that the "Background Apps" toggle underneath Settings > Privacy > Background Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trashbag, Apr 30, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

Background Apps broken in 1803?

After performing a clean install of 1803 on W10 Pro x64, I've noticed that the "Background Apps" toggle underneath Settings > Privacy > Background Apps keeps turning itself on upon every restart.

Additionally, the "Choose which apps can run in the background" list that was there before is now completely blank.

I've had Microsoft Edge pop up in the Background Processes in the Task Manager a few times now. I never use Edge.

I'm convinced that the whole background apps shebang is broken in 1803 and is universally stuck on "on".

Edit: According to Google I'm not the only one with this issue. Apparently it only happens on Pro?
    Background Apps do not remain OFF (1803 x64 Pro)
    All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into - gHacks Tech News

:)

trashbag, Apr 30, 2018
  2. MavMarsha Win User

Change the background colour of Windows 10 Photo app?

The Photos app is broken. PLEASE fix it. Photos with black on a transparent background cannot be viewed. You need a neutral background. It should be changeable by the user. Please fix this ASAP. While I'm writing you. please fix the side-by-side
    view of 2 File explorer windows. For many versions it worked fine. Now it is broken. Maddening.

MavMarsha, Apr 30, 2018
  3. Background tasks - how to unblock apps?

Agreed. The unblock function appears to be broken. Once blocked an app is forever stopped from running in the background. Another not-quite-ready-for-public aspect to WP8.

LondonOnLogic, Apr 30, 2018
  4. trashbag Win User

After performing a clean install of 1803 on W10 Pro x64, I've noticed that the "Background Apps" toggle underneath Settings > Privacy > Background Apps keeps turning itself on upon every restart.

Additionally, the "Choose which apps can run in the background" list that was there before is now completely blank.

I've had Microsoft Edge pop up in the Background Processes in the Task Manager a few times now. I never use Edge.

I'm convinced that the whole background apps shebang is broken in 1803 and is universally stuck on "on".

Edit: According to Google I'm not the only one with this issue. Apparently it only happens on Pro?
    Background Apps do not remain OFF (1803 x64 Pro)

:)

trashbag, May 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Background Apps broken in 1803? - Similar Threads - Background Apps broken

2. My Background Is Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Background Is Broken: [ATTACH]i just booted up my pc and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-background-is-broken/f1a9333c-6cee-4511-93eb-5c260e7702ed
  3. Apps in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps in background: Hello, I am trying to stop Messenger app Facebook working in the background. I did disable the app in the list of "Background apps" in the settings. After that I restarted the computer also, but still I receive notifications from the app when someone writes me on Facebook...
  4. Background Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Apps: How do you turn off background apps on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-apps/bace7128-5414-4580-bdd6-772b350d2925
  5. Background apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background apps: Can someone help me with this problem? Why is it happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-apps/de154c9e-a70e-4f34-9041-fe5317b3fe55
  6. why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why windows 10 1803 keep turning on background apps after restart?: when i toggle all background apps off after restart they keep turning on again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/why-windows-10-1803-keep-turning-on-background/35fdef0d-a332-4195-aec7-8dd7d9ab95db"
  7. How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?: Hi guys, I am using windows 10 (64 bit & 1803 version). The problem is that, i try to turn off Background apps then the next day or after i restart my pc, it automatically turns on again! Any solution for this? Thanks, Long 110243
  8. Creator update password background broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...
  9. Background apps

Background apps: Some background apps appear even when turned off the only thing that stop them from appearing is disable superfetch or to open the apps and close them or end them from task manager. Is there are way I can stop these apps from appearing in task manager? 48841
  10. "Background Apps" do not remain OFF (1803 x64 Pro)

"Background Apps" do not remain OFF (1803 x64 Pro): The tutorial below has been updated for this to help. *Smile *Arrow Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 15254.401 W10M battery drain