Windows 10: Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

Discus and support Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coffee, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Coffee Win User

Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube or whatever) and start streaming music, and when I switched to my other user that did not have internet access for security reasons (not log off, just switch user) I could still hear the music.

Now that I've upgraded to windows 10 the music turns off when I switch users. Any ideas how I can get my internet streaming audio to continue to play when I switch to a user that doesn't have internet permissions?

Thanks.

:)

Coffee, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

multi-tasking apps running in background

Apps do not run in the background. Once switched away from, they are suspended and killed for memory if needed later. Two exceptions are background location and background audio. To turn off background location, go to Settings>swipe left to applications>background
    task and turn off the task for that app. Pause the audio to stop it from playing the background.

Entegy, Jan 1, 2016
  3. when I try using Pandora Radio the screen goes black, even when I try switching to a different user.

Original Title - Pandora radio

New laptop with Windows 10 installed when I try using Pandora Radio the screen goes black, even when I try switching to a different user.

Help!

60caddyman, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix this. Honestly, it seems like a bug that they fixed in 10 (or even in 8/8.1)

Michaelvas17, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

1. Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user - Similar Threads - Background audio Pandora

2. Windows 11 turn off after switching users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 turn off after switching users: So i have a dell laptop with windows 11 pro, previously i don’t have any problem with it. But , lately the laptop turn off at certain battery percentage and i didn’t know what is the problem i’am having. So i always plugged in when using it and after two weeks, the laptop...
  3. Windows 11 turn off after switching users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 turn off after switching users: So i have a dell laptop with windows 11 pro, previously i don’t have any problem with it. But , lately the laptop turn off at certain battery percentage and i didn’t know what is the problem i’am having. So i always plugged in when using it and after two weeks, the laptop...
  4. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  5. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  6. Audio Turning Off when in a call

Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  7. Audio Turning Off when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  8. Pandora in Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pandora in Background: Does anyone know how to play pandora in background while Im on a video call etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pandora-in-background/6b327e8d-0fb6-4b31-af8c-e9c89f55a1ab
  9. Audio switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio switching off: I use an HDMI hub with 5 output ports to view on a Samsumg 55 inch Smart TV One port from the PC One from Cable Box One from Firestick One from Xbox 1 Fifth port unused My problem is, that when I switch from Windows 10, to any of the other devices, the audio on the PC...
  10. When switching user accounts - only a background image appears.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When switching user accounts - only a background image appears.: Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I recently ran into some issues with my user account and had to create a new one as the old one was not accessible anymore. After creating a new user account - I've ran into an issue. When I go to switch my user account, I...