Windows 10: Background download constantly

Discus and support Background download constantly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i'm new to this forum so what I want to ask might have been discussed here.. I just upgraded and clean installed my PC to win 10.so after i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nero7441, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Nero7441 Win User

Background download constantly

Hi, i'm new to this forum so what I want to ask might have been discussed here..

I just upgraded and clean installed my PC to win 10.so after i installed my LAN drivers it started downloading something.I thought it might have been the updates but when I checked the update manager its showing "Check for updates"..

So Ichecked everything but still not able to figure out what it's downloading..Can someone help me please to figure it out

Thanks.

:)

Nero7441, Jul 6, 2016
  2. janushka Win User

windows 10 outlook email

Windows defender is up to date and runs constantly in background...

janushka, Jul 6, 2016
  3. lumia 720 poor battery

Have you installed any apps that constantly run in the background like whatsapp?

psychomania---01, Jul 6, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

If it's stuck on 'Downloading updates', it may be downloading the last cumulative update and you have a slow connection. Just let it run, the progress bar is very undependable. If it's that the system is running hot in the background, open Task Manager and if it's 'System and compressed memory', your 10 image is just being updated and using resources.

mrgeek, Jul 6, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    What were you monitoring that suggested "it started downloading something"?

By default, Windows 10 will update its system, and that includes the modern/apps section, automatically, until settings are changed to prevent it.

pyramid10, Jul 7, 2016
  6. Nero7441 Win User
    What i did was i went into the services and stopped "Windows Update" and then i noticed that my bandwidth wasn't being used..I noticed blinking lights on my modem and figured out that it was downloading something..

Browsing sites had become slow. But of course now i have to download updates for it..So what's proper way of doing it without it downloading in BG constantly without notification..

Nero7441, Jul 7, 2016
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    Not necessarily! It could be something benign like a periodic 'handshake' between OS and the server at the other end of the modem. Some interactions with OS components will initiate communications between the OS and Microsoft servers. And 'Live Tiles' in the modern/metro apps WILL require updates to refresh the information in those Tiles.

If you use the modern/metro apps, then this suggestion is not advised. These apps tend to get updated whenever. If these updates are for security fixes, then delays bring risks.

Set Windows Update to Manual in Services. 'Stop' Windows Update from Running. When Patch Tuesday comes around every second Tuesday of the month, a "Check for Updates" will trigger Windows Update into action. A reboot after Windows Update will return the Service to 'Stopped' status until the next Patch Tuesday.

pyramid10, Jul 8, 2016
  8. Nero7441 Win User

Ok thanks for the suggestion..Besides i think i figured out what was downloading..It was updating some of the apps from the store..Kept it manual for now..

Thanks for your help guyz..

Nero7441, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Background download constantly - Similar Threads - Background download constantly

2. Flickering and constant blue background in some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering and constant blue background in some apps: Hi,In Acrobat Reader all white backgrouds become light blue as soon as I open them. If I open the same file in edge it looks like it should, with a white background. In iTunes I get the same blue background but in a flickering fashion instead of constant when I mouse over...
  3. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  4. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  5. Windows explorer constantly loading in background.

Windows explorer constantly loading in background.: windows explorer makes my cursor have a blinking loading circle and i dont know how to fix it. the reason i know its windows explorer is because when i restart the task it stops for a few seconds and when i end it it stops completely....
  6. Windows explorer constantly loading in background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer constantly loading in background.: windows explorer makes my cursor have a blinking loading circle and i dont know how to fix it. the reason i know its windows explorer is because when i restart the task it stops for a few seconds and when i end it it stops completely....
  7. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  8. Windows Defender constant running in background ever since kali linux os download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender constant running in background ever since kali linux os download: I downloaded the Kali Linux installer .iso file and ever since windows defender has been running in the background using anywhere from 50-90% of my CPU. I am also now unable to even delete the .iso file as any time I attempt to it just leaves me on calculating size with no...
  9. Constant Network Usage? What is downloading in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Network Usage? What is downloading in the background?: When I open Task Manager under "Performance" tab I see there is constant network usage. I am always receiving anyway between 20-50 Kbps. What exactly am I downloading? What is constantly using internet? I took some screenshots below. These are after a fresh reboot and...
  10. downloading in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...