Windows 10: Background Downloading from Internet(?)

Discus and support Background Downloading from Internet(?) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a fairly new Dell Precision 3620 Work Station with an i5 processor that has a catastrophic problem trying to use the internet. I can use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diablo630, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Diablo630 Win User

Background Downloading from Internet(?)

I have a fairly new Dell Precision 3620 Work Station with an i5 processor that has a catastrophic problem trying to use the internet. I can use the internet at my DSL speed of .63 Mbps for about 1 minute after I turn on the computer then the speed drops to .06 Mbps. Not just coincidentally the Ethernet performance download graph on Task Manager mysteriously goes from almost 0 Mbps to .67 Mbps after 1 minute with a duty cycle varying between 100% and occasionally dropping to .67 Mbps download periods of about 4 seconds in duration with 4 seconds of low activity between downloading periods. After this background downloading activity starts my ability to use the internet goes to almost zero. I have tried disabling OneDrive and my AVG malware protection software but it does not improve the internet performance. I am having an IT tech from the shop that sold me the computer coming to my house on Tuesday to try to diagnose the problem but I would like to know what the background downloading rate is on a few other people's Windows 10 computers for comparison. You don't have to be a reincarnation of Alan Turing to help me out. Just get into Task Manager by right clicking on your mouse while the curser / pointer is in the bottom border of the screen. Once you have the Task Manager window up click on the Performance tab near the top and then click on Ethernet to look at the graph I am interested in. Immediately after boot up with no applications running check your download and upload data rate and then again after 2 minutes. I would very interested in your results. Thank you.

:)

Diablo630, Aug 6, 2017
  2. NJ31---01 Win User

Lumia 730 ds : background downloading issue

Background downloading means Downloading anything from internet like mp3, YouTube videos, pdf files stops in background unlike android..

NJ31---01, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Lockscreen photo

These background shuffle when your phone has any time internet or don't off the internet.

My suggestion is don't set it to Bing background

But if you want then download insider app from store it by that you get bing background easily in that lock screen settings In that app.

MCCshreyas, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

Background Downloading from Internet(?)

1. Background Downloading from Internet(?) - Similar Threads - Background Downloading Internet

2. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  3. Downloading apps from internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading apps from internet: Hello my problem is that when i want to download something from Chrome come microsoft store window on my screen and it's subject is Get Apps From Store..... Please help...
  4. Downloading a game from internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading a game from internet: When I download the mahjong game it goes to documents not downloads and then when I open it up it freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-a-game-from-internet/65972523-0248-47cd-93ec-91326f76dbe0
  5. Internet usage in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet usage in background: Suddenly ,when i connected internet ,its just keep on taking data ,but dont know which app or process is using.i checked windows downloads and microsoft both were not using.i dont know what more background apps there. If there is an live monitoring app that would be...
  6. Photo downloads from the internet

Photo downloads from the internet: My photo downloads from the internet are going to a microsoft word folder in the download file and won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-downloads-from-the-internet/49043f80-551b-403f-bdba-b66d97d0dd2e"
  7. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes: Hello, I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager. May I ask how can I adjust it so that it stops running as a "Background Process"? On occasion, I will see that there are programs that are hidden from the...
  8. Cannot Download From the Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Download From the Internet: Hi. Specifically I am trying to download Steam so I can buy and download the new TABS. I get "virus scan failed". I tried to download a fix for this and I can't download that either. I am running McAfee and I am turning it off for the downloads but still I get the same...
  9. downloading in the background?

downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...
  10. Downloading files from the Internet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading files from the Internet.: I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if it is considered safe to download OCX files from ocxDump.com website. If not is there a safe free website from which OCX files can be obtained. Thanks 64341