Windows 10: Background info on lock screen images?

Discus and support Background info on lock screen images? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmo, Aug 19, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Background info on lock screen images?

I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much.

Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically:
    where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld love to travel there to see more of this beautiful town and its area!

Any pointers or hints?

:)

2. George222(2), Aug 19, 2016
  3. MG__ Win User
    Where are the Windows 10 lock screen photos from?

Trying going to Settings>Lock Screen> and switch "Background" to Windows Spotlight. Or if you prefer Picture or Slide Show as your Background, remember to enable ""Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen". For more info,
    see discussion about how to customize lock screen:

How to Customize the Lock Screen on Windows 8 or 10

4. Edwin New Member

Lock your screen manually using WinKey+L then hover on the "Like what you see?" link in the upper right hand corner:

Background info on lock screen images? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 19, 2016
  5. MMO
    mmo Win User
    I tried as instructed but in contrast to your screenshot no such info nor any link shows up.
    The are only the "I like it" and "Not a fan" entries. I hovered everywhere above the "Like what you see" text and also the speech bubble that shows left to it, but nothing happens anywhere.

6. AndreTen Win User
    You can check picture details in folder. Just rename the files from *. to *.jpg

You can find the location and more in this tenforums thread. This is all for now. *Smile

AndreTen, Aug 19, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Click on "Not a fan" then try again.

Edwin, Aug 19, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

Edwin, info doesn't work for me either. I get the same as mmo. But, I'm on Insider version.

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm......
    maybe check to see if "Play animations in Windows" is on.
    (I'm grasping...)

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    All on. I wont post a picture, since it's the same as yours (except negative *Smile)

Could it be connected to Cortana somehow?

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    It's not connected to Cortana.
    Besides the aforementioned settings, I have this: (I switch back and forth frequently between 'Spotlight' and 'Picture')

Beyond that, I'm stumped!

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Same settings here, except there's no info. Could you show what's that "Cortana settings" look like.

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

Would if I could, I don't have one single Universal App on my machine, (Including Her!) *Wink
    Try switching back and forth between Spotlight and Picture, signing out or rebooting in between each.

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  14. AndreTen Win User
    I meant Cortana Lock screen settings..

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    I don't have Cortana, (or her settings), I only have 1 functioning Universal/Immersive App:

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Background info on lock screen images? - Similar Threads - Background info lock

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  9. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  10. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...