Windows 10: Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth

Discus and support Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have noticed that the BITS process is using maximum bandwitdh regardless of what I'm doing in my PC. It is my understanding (after doing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adrianrff, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Adrianrff Win User

Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth

Hi.

I have noticed that the BITS process is using maximum bandwitdh regardless of what I'm doing in my PC. It is my understanding (after doing some research online) that this process is in charge of downloading updates for Windows in the background and it is supposed to be intelligent, i.e. it will use only available bandwidth and respect user or foreground activities and throttle down its own transfer if something else is transfering data. However, as stated above, this process is using ALL of my bandwitdh, all the time. This naturally results in an apparent extremely slow connection and the only solution is to completely disable this process, which I'd rather not do.

I should mention that just before this issue started, I had noticed that some Windows update failed to install, so I hit the retry button and the download started. However, the progress bar seemed to be moving VERY, VERY slowly, which is odd because there weren't that many updates. Could it be that manually pressing the retry button caused the process to ignore other processes transfering data? Maybe that makes it a foreground or a user activity?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Adrianrff, Mar 27, 2016

2. BITS always running in background.

I recently upgraded to windows 10.

But background intelligence transfer service is always running in background and downloading something And consuming my bandwidth.

Is this normal?

Please HELP ME.

Dushyant008, Mar 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 updates

Hello,I disabled windows 10 update & Background Intelligence Transfer Service(BITS).But somehow the system is consuming too much data.As I'm using limited bandwidth in rural area,its causing massive problem for me..Is there any way to get ride of this unwanted data consumption? please help. Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth :)

DelowerHosen, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth

1. Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth - Similar Threads - Background Intelligent Transfer

2. Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query: Hi,Is it normal behaviour for the Background Intelligent Transfer service to change from "Manual" to "Auto" and vice-versa on Windows Server? This appears to be consitently every 10 minutes or so....
  3. What is background intelligent transfer service?

What is background intelligent transfer service?: What is background intelligent transfer service? My PC acts someone is using it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-background-intelligent-transfer-service/11ed2778-5c06-4be0-afe0-b4fa40a89b0c
  4. What is background intelligent transfer service?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is background intelligent transfer service?: What is background intelligent transfer service? My PC acts someone is using it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-background-intelligent-transfer-service/11ed2778-5c06-4be0-afe0-b4fa40a89b0c
  5. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  6. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: If windows update comes, i will put background intelligent transfer service in manual, automatic or automatic delayed start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-intelligent-transfer-service/c266331d-b37e-4d66-bbf9-b8e1ebef1a21
  7. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Background Intelligent Transfer Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: I hope this is where I post this if not I'm sorry. I have windows 10 and the last version of 2004. I noticed when I use google chrome or Microsoft Edge the background intelligent transfer service comes on. But when I exit the browser the background intelligent transfer...
  9. Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Intelligence Transfer Service will not start.: I first came across this issue when my Microsoft Store wasn't working as it should. Naturally, I looked it up and it led me to Windows Update. Turns out that wasn't working, so I looked that up as well. That led me to find out that Background Intelligence Transfer Service was...
  10. Background Intelligent Transfer Service maximum bandwidth

Background Intelligent Transfer Service maximum bandwidth: Why this service takes maximum bandwidth . So i have turned off from services.msc and after restart back to start again and take my full network i need to disable it or another solution . thank you windows 10 Pro 11944

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 background intelligent taking bandwidth

2. background intelligent transfer service max speed