Windows 10: Background Picture went away, won't come back

Discus and support Background Picture went away, won't come back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have come to the conclusion W10 is about a year away from a solid product. I think we are all part of Gamma Testing. Here is one of several problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

Background Picture went away, won't come back

I have come to the conclusion W10 is about a year away from a solid product. I think we are all part of Gamma Testing. Here is one of several problems that should not be occurring.

I set the background picture to the beach scene. It stayed there for about 3 hours. Then the background went to a solid black. If I go back to Background Preview the proper picture is previewed. I can change the solid color to any color by switching to Solid Color and choosing any of the color picks, but no matter how many times I try, reboot, cuss at the screen, I cannot get the background picture to display properly. I can always set the background choice to it, and it shows in the preview, but not as the actual background.

The picture choice also shows in Themes when I look there. Everyplace but where I want it. On my screen as a background.

Doing some searching, it appears this problem dates back to W8.

:)

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015

2. Startup sound suddenly went away and won't come back

For some reason the startup sound with Windows 10 stopped working. I have a sound card, and it works just fine. The other sounds Windows makes come through OK. Suggestions?

Nantucketbob, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Startup sound suddenly went away and won't come back

Maybe it does not recognize the sound card when starting up, but it does later as windows fully loads, I have an on-board sound system that I do not use.

Nantucketbob, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  5. ARYLIOA Win User
    You are right on the money. Thank you.

This solves my problem. But I am still puzzled about the way it went away. I suppose it must have been pilot-error since I have been digging around in the system for hours.

Again, thanks for the accurate and rapid response.

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Background Picture went away, won't come back - Similar Threads - Background Picture went

2. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  3. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  4. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  6. Screen won't come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  7. Screen won't come back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  8. display won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display won't come back on: On my Windows 10 laptop Acer Aspire E5, I have the screen display set to turn off after 10 minutes of no activity. When this happens, I cannot get it to turn back on my typical means like moving the mouse. The only way to do it is to do a restart. This shouldn't happen. Any...
  9. thumbnails are gone and won't come back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails are gone and won't come back: I have tried all of the solution I could find, and I cannot get my thumbnails back. Now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-are-gone-and-wont-come-back/1e0472b0-9925-4954-b3c9-488bd3702418
  10. Screen picture background coming up in every program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen picture background coming up in every program: how to remove the start up background picture from coming up in all the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-picture-background-coming-up-in-every/87fcb8f2-982b-4779-b584-99a0acf33a3c