Windows 10: Background Picture

Discus and support Background Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gallicbear, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Background Picture

Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you.

:)

gallicbear, Jul 10, 2015
  2. AgentZen Win User

Downloaded Theme from Microsoft with 14 background pictures, am unable to see any other background besides 1 of the 14.

I downloaded the Windows 10 NASA Spacescapes theme, which comes with 14 background pictures. I'd like to use a background picture other than the one that displays by default when the theme is installed. I've tried using the "Personalization" settings to
    select a different picture, but the only background picture listed from the NASA theme is the default background that was installed and a four other non-NASA theme backgrounds I have used previously. Browsing for the picture leaves me puzzled at where to look
    for the background pictures. I checked what I figure is the usual places.

There does not appear to be any way to change the background picture from the "Theme Settings" either.

I'm totally confused.

AgentZen, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Deshktop Background

• Yes, I am running Windows 10.

• Initially, using Windows 10, I was able to set a picture as the desktop background.
      However, after a while the system would change the background.
      I was able to restore the background to the picture I wanted but today I cannot.
      Instead, I only get a black background. I am going to Settings, selecting Personalization, select Background and the Preview shows the picture I want to use.
      Problem is that the background does not use the picture I selected or any picture for the background, it only uses black..

Ed Corcoran, Jul 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Background Picture

What do you want to do with the letters??

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply, BunnyJ. Don't know what can be done? Why is Settings showing them?

gallicbear, Jul 10, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Post a screen shot please..

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    They are samples of what your accent colors will look like according to choice.

Background Picture [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 10, 2015
  8. Background Picture

Thanks, Edwin. You supplied the screenshot. I suppose underneath the word 'Preview' it would represent your start screen. The other rectangle by itself, that says 'Sample Text' must be an app as highlighted or accented with the color. Now I understand. BTW, I like the fact that the colors change every so often.

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Background Picture

1. Background Picture - Similar Threads - Background Picture

2. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request: When I use PowerPoint and open "format background" and click "Picture or texture fill" and select Picture source "Insert" the program gives me "Bad Request - Request Too LongHTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long." I'm blocked form local and internet...
  3. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request: When I use PowerPoint and open "format background" and click "Picture or texture fill" and select Picture source "Insert" the program gives me "Bad Request - Request Too LongHTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long." I'm blocked form local and internet...
  4. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  6. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  7. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

8. Why has my background picture changed?

Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  9. Why has my background picture changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  10. Why has my background picture changed?