Windows 10: Background settings error

Discus and support Background settings error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever i try to open back ground settings only this screen comes up and the settings never open. please help me with this issue please help me with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShabarishS, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Background settings error

Whenever i try to open back ground settings only this screen comes up and the settings never open.
    please help me with this issue

please help me with this error

:)

ShabarishS, Jul 26, 2018

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Background settings error

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Background settings error

1. Background settings error - Similar Threads - Background settings error

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  4. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  5. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  6. Background scrolling setting

Background scrolling setting: Hello there I was enjoying a nice background/wallpaper of my own choosing, but how do I go back to the Windows 10 default? It was a bunch of stock photos of nature, destinations, and more. You know...default. I can see the images under background settings...but will they...
  7. No Background apps in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Background apps in settings: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable an app from running in the background, but there's nothing there. Can anyone help me? https://preview.redd.it/xz519y2b37861.png?width=1571&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7f9a2e536574f0032fbb227a1574e4cc2f7fffd submitted by /u/minytrolly...
  8. missing background settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing background settings: Since yesterday my Classic Jigsaw blocks are twice as large as they were before and I've lost about half of my background setting choices. Anyone know how I can shrink the blocks and get my favorite background settingsback?...
  9. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  10. Lock Screen and Background settings

Lock Screen and Background settings: Can someone explain why my pictures on my Lock Screen and Background randomly change to Album Art picture I never even browsed. I reset to the pictures I want and within an hour they are changed out again. Then tell me how I can stop it from happening....