Windows 10: background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

Discus and support background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rees, Dec 5, 2015.

1. rees Win User

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting?

:)

rees, Dec 5, 2015
  2. glidergh Win User

Windows Spotlight wallpaper hasn't changed in months

My wife's laptop had this same issue. I fixed it by going to settings/personalization/lock screen and then changing background from slideshow to picture. I then rebooted the laptop and went back in and changed it back to slideshow.

glidergh, Dec 5, 2015
  3. BrianTJUK Win User
    I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

If the lock screen is showing as a blank screen check that the WAIT in the SCREEN SAVER settings (even if you don't use screen saver) is greater than the time out setting that you have set for POWER OFF in the LOCK SCREEN setting.

The steps I took to apparently work round the bug are (and not all of these steps may be required and it may be necessary to reboot between the changes):

SETTING > PERONSLISATION > LOCK SCREEN

..BACKGROUND - select picture and then choose a picture from the folder to be used for the slideshow

..BACKGROUND - select slideshow and then choose the folder to be used for the slideshow

..SCREEN SAVER SETTINGS - select WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY and in setting select the folder to be used for the slideshow

Set the WAIT minutes to be greater than the power off timeout you have set for the lock screen

Apply changes

SETTING > PERONSLISATION > LOCK SCREEN > SCREEN SAVER and select NONE

Don't change the WAIT number, this should still be the number you set which is highe than the lock screen power timeout you have set

SETTING > PERONSLISATION > LOCK SCREEN

..BACKGROUND - select picture and then choose a picture from the folder to be used for the slideshow

..BACKGROUND - select slideshow and then choose the folder to be used for the slideshow

Best of luck!

BrianTJUK, Dec 5, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

That's odd, just curious do you have a album listed for slideshow to work . I mean did you add a folder for it ?

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  5. rees Win User
    I do have a folder selected for the slide show. The folder does not need to be reselected. The picture that comes comes up on reboot is always the same one, and is from the slide show.

rees, Dec 6, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    I was just asking if you had a picture folder selected not re selected. What about these settings >> Change Picture Every & Shuffle is On or Off ?

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  7. rees Win User
    change picture is on 1 minute. There is no shuffle option that I can find.

rees, Dec 6, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

So you don't have the options like the pic below ?

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot [​IMG]

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  9. rees Win User
    I do not have the shuffle switch

rees, Dec 6, 2015
  10. sn00ker Win User
    Is that the home version ?

sn00ker, Dec 7, 2015
  11. sn00ker Win User
    Try changing this to one day and see what happens. Also, are you using a laptop ?

sn00ker, Dec 7, 2015
  12. rees Win User
    I changed the slide setting to day, then rebooted the computer. When the desktop came back up. It was set to picture. I then changed back to the slide show. When I did this the settings for slide show came up as usual. Change picture was still set to 1 day.

13. sn00ker Win User

Is this a laptop ?

sn00ker, Dec 8, 2015
  14. sn00ker Win User
    Ok, try this. Select Slideshow and under that click on Browse and locate the folder you want to use, once located double click on it and then see if you have Shuffle

sn00ker, Dec 10, 2015
  15. rees Win User
    I now have shuffle option. I was checking updates and found one that hadnt been applied. Once that update was installed the shuffle option became available. Slideshow still switches to picture on reboot.

Thema:

1. background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot - Similar Threads - background slideshow changes

2. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  3. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  4. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow

Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow: Hi, Like many other people I have the issue that after a restart the background slideshow resets to Picture. It is still a picture from the slideshow but not what it was set to. The lockscreen could not be changed claiming that some settings were disabled by my...
  6. Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore

Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore: Up until two weeks ago, changing hkey_current_user\control panel\personalization\desktop slideshow\interval to 10000 decimal allowed your slides to change every ten seconds....this has worked forever. After the most recent update, the slides on my 3 monitors change every 30...
  7. Changing pictures background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing pictures background: Hello guys, I‘ve recently changed my background picture on Windows (the one that shows up when logging in) and I regret it because I loved the nice, scenic pictures that changed every now and then. How can I get it back to that diashow of pictures that windows selects? Thx in...
  8. Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC

Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC: I do not know when this started happening but I am on the latest version of Win 10 Version 1809 and my sync settings appear to be set correctly. I can set the background setting to 'slideshow' and select Webshots Wallpaper and everything works fine until I reboot and then...
  9. Slideshow always changes to picture

Slideshow always changes to picture: hey guys, i already posted this (here?), and in Windows Feedback, no reply or solution. One of my 4 computer with a slideshow of pictures always gets changed to picture and then it is a BING-PICTURE. All i need is the right setting in REGEDIT and maybe this can be...
  10. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...