Windows 10: Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Discus and support Background switches from Slideshow to Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Askew, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Askew Win User

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Hey Everyone,

I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings.

I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works fine for a while, but eventually later when I return to my computer, it seems Windows 10 disables slideshow and changes back to 'picture'. I have to manually change it back to slideshow and it works again for some time until it disables again.

I looked at my power settings and nothing in there shows to disable the slideshow on battery (I do have a UPC though) and have tried deleting all of my themes and creating a new one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

p.s. I am using a microsoft account and I leave my computer running all the time (never going to sleep).

:)

Askew, Nov 11, 2015

2. Lockscreen Background

Hi,

I'm trying to set my login (not lockscreen) background.

First off, my computer doesn't have a password, and is set to login automatically when booting. However, I'm sick of the blank blue background.

I played a lot with the lockscreen settings, and they seem really broken ?

The Slideshow option, that works perfectly for the desktop background, doesn't recognize pictures. I had to open each picture with the Picture option, THEN switch to slideshow.

Problem is, while I do see the backgrounds using Lock, I don't when booting.

About the Show lock screen picture as background sign in picture
    setting: It doesn't work for my scenario.

Example: Setting is off. I lock. First picture is the picture I selected in Pictures. Then Slideshow. Then I click to go to signin from lock. Screen is blank blue (because setting is off).

Setting is on. I lock. Same as above - except now when I click to go from lock to signin, it shows the image from Pictures again. Even with the setting on, a Picture set, Slideshow selected and ''working'' on lock, the signin screen when booting is still a
    blank blue.

It's really weird. If I don't select a picture in Pictures (like selecting Slideshow straight from Spotlight) then I don't get any backgrounds at all. Also, Slideshow is never random - the first picture is always the one from Pictures, and the background
    on signin is also always the one from Pictures (without wich Slideshow doesn't work).

Any ideas ?

Matte Parent, Nov 11, 2015
  3. jader3rd Win User
    Windows 10 is not letting me pick the directory containing my wallpapers

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and on the Desktop clicked Personalize, switched the background from Picture to Slideshow, and then under Chose Albums for Slideshow clicked Browse, when to %UserProfile%\Skydrive\Wallpapers, clicked Choose this Folder, but
    the control panel window shows a grey Pictures, and the pictures appearing as my wallpapers are from some folder I can't even care to find, and are certainly not my wallpapers!

jader3rd, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

1. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture - Similar Threads - Background switches Slideshow

2. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  3. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  4. background slideshow

background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.: I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead...
  6. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.: I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead...
  7. Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow: Hi, Like many other people I have the issue that after a restart the background slideshow resets to Picture. It is still a picture from the slideshow but not what it was set to. The lockscreen could not be changed claiming that some settings were disabled by my...
  8. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  9. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...
  10. background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot: I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting? 32859

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background switches from slideshow