Windows 10: [backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it?

Discus and support [backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] it appears every now and again 76856 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MasterAndreas, Feb 7, 2017.

1. [backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it?

[backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it? [​IMG]

[backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it? [​IMG]
    it appears every now and again

:)

MasterAndreas, Feb 7, 2017

2. it says i need an email program? were do i get it from?

it tells me there is an email program needed that i dont have. were do i get it from

what do i do,,,, Feb 7, 2017
  3. SimpliiD Win User
    SimpliiD, Feb 7, 2017
  4. jds63 Win User

[backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it?

Believe it has to do with Windows update. It is a operating system executable file i would not worry about it unless it causes you issues( like high CPU usage) .

jds63, Feb 7, 2017
  5. how can i disable it form auto starting?

MasterAndreas, Feb 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Apparently...
    Processes causing high CPU use in Windows 10

Bree, Feb 8, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    That process has been known to be a mask for a Trojan. I would do a full scan with MBAM and make sure that it is not a Trojan in disguise. Also you can use Process Explorer by SysInternals that you can download from microsoft.com to check sub-processes. If you right click on that process after sorting by name, you can find out what directory it is in.

bro67, Feb 8, 2017
  8. [backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it?

@Bree that setting was already off

MasterAndreas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

[backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it?

1. [backgroundTaskHost.exe] what does it? do i need it? - Similar Threads - backgroundTaskHost exe does

2. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  3. what do I need to do?

what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  4. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  5. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  6. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  7. errores backgroundTaskHost

8. What does this error message mean and what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this error message mean and what do I need to do?: I keep getting this error message when I try to run Java programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-error-message-mean-and-what-do-i/aaefdb46-a73f-47f5-ad55-622ad24b3ecf
  9. What does this error message mean and what do I need to do?

What does this error message mean and what do I need to do?: I keep getting this error message when I try to run Java programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-error-message-mean-and-what-do-i/aaefdb46-a73f-47f5-ad55-622ad24b3ecf
  10. What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?: When I check RtkAudioService64.exe to be run whenever user login, I would like to know on what RtkAudioService64.exe is doing. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I need it or not? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...