Windows 10: Backing up 2 pc's on one external drive using windows 10

Discus and support Backing up 2 pc's on one external drive using windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to know how to backup 2 different PC's (one laptop and one desktop) onto a single external drive, and any issues I might encounter doing so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TJB, Dec 15, 2016.

1. TJB
    TJB Win User

Backing up 2 pc's on one external drive using windows 10

I'd like to know how to backup 2 different PC's (one laptop and one desktop) onto a single external drive, and any issues I might encounter doing so. I'll want to do a system image, and file history and any other of all I can using the Win 10 backup and recovery software for auto backups and recovery. Both pc's are windows 10 Home and 64 bit. I want to backup any and all I might be able to use for all the recovery options, and have PC's auto update onto the drive (one at a time of course)

:)

2. best way to backup a PC useing windows 10 with external hard drive

Have new computer with windows 10 preinstalled. What is the best way for me to back up everything to a external hard drive ?what I have done so far : Did a full system backup to External drive using NIT EZ backup soft ware , have used the windows 10
    software full backup to external hard drive and have also made a system image placed it on external hard drive. witch one is the best one to use ? Or is there a better way ? What is the best way to backup my PC ? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help
    ?

JohnnyS.Hawkins, Dec 15, 2016
  3. how can I remove a duplicate drives in navigation pane

My back up disk, external drive shows up twice when I check "my PC"

How can I delete one of the drives?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Biomac1McConnell, Dec 15, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Would you consider making full system disk image for each computer ? Using Macrium Reflect program an image of disk can be created that would make a file for each system/disk of about 75% of total used space of each disk. It can be accessed by one rescue disk/USB for both systems. Payed version of MR let you do incremental updates for each backup image separately.

CountMike, Dec 15, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Create two different folders on the Backup drive, one for the laptop and one for the desktop, Choose the backup location of that computer for it's specified folder

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Backing up 2 pc's on one external drive using windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backing pc's external

2. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  3. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  4. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  5. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  6. Backing up to an External Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Newbie Backing Up 2 Drives in PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Newbie Backing Up 2 Drives in PC: Hi Guys, I'm a senior with very limited knowledge about PC technical procedures, terminology etc. and could sure use some help backing up my PC so if it breaks down, I can recover everything (even the layout of all my desktop icons if possible). I have two internal drives, a...
  8. windows 10 back up to an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 back up to an external drive: I am new to windows 10, how do I do a backup of files to an external drive? And, how do I do a "scan image" to an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-back-up-to-an-external-drive/7404afed-03cb-4464-94bc-d97e14fb03e9"
  9. Back up 2 computers onto one external hard drive using Windows 10 Backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up 2 computers onto one external hard drive using Windows 10 Backup.: I want to back up my laptop and my PC onto the one hard drive. Is there a way to do this while keeping the backups clearly segregated? I imagine you can manually move the FileHistory and WindowsImageBackup files into a separate folder, but am wary that I could make a...
  10. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backing up 2 computers onto 1 external hard drive