Windows 10: Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?)

Discus and support Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I need some decent computer backup software, recently I've been using Aoemi, but have had issues with it and decided to leave it. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FatalError, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?)

Hi All,

I need some decent computer backup software, recently I've been using Aoemi, but have had issues with it and decided to leave it.

I am absolutely paranoid with my data, my main concern is personal data, windows and software can always been reinstalled.

I was at first using Windows 10 File History, but I had these issues:
    • Only does it for current user (Not useful)
    • I was running out of space on my 3TB HDD, I think windows was duplicating many files.
    • When I removed files like C:\users\XX it would re-include them again

Is the Windows 7 backup and restore still 100% supported?, I don't mind using it at all, all my backups go onto a network However I did like how file history backed up changes files every X minutes. This would be quite nice.

I am looking for reliable software which works out of site, and if I accidentally shut-down my PC it will continue on reboot (Aoemi, never did this spent hours backing up data and it sometimes failed for long directories).

What software/solution do people recommended?

I don't mind paying for software up to £100, but it will need to support 3PCs at least.

Kind regards

:)

FatalError, Apr 2, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Nokia Lumia 630 does not make backup.

Sounds like there is still work to do.

The purpose of backing up is to be able to restore your phone after a reset or use of a software restore tool. To do this the backup has to be on your OneDrive and listed in 'device backups'.

When you use settings, phone backup does it finish all the way? When you open the backup app and tap apps+settings does it give 'last backed up' information?

garym123, Apr 2, 2016
  3. 19buddy34 Win User
    Backup and restore freezes at 97% on Windows 10

I believe my problem is a bit different from the matter mentioned by the first poster. The Backup doesn't
    actually freeze. About halfway through the backup I get a message that the disk does not have sufficient space for the backup. This is the first backup since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I deleted
    a lot of old backups but after four attempts at backing up my files I was still getting the same merssage. Apparently I need to free up about 133 gigabytes in order to install a new "system image". This may be a bit beyond my modest skills. It may require a tech
    to do it for me, alas.

19buddy34, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?)

I was at first using Windows 10 File History, but I had these issues:
    • Only does it for current user (Not useful)
      Have each user login and then set it up in Control Panel for them
    • I was running out of space on my 3TB HDD, I think windows was duplicating many files.
      Amend the time it keeps files for before deleting
    • When I removed files like C:\users\XX it would re-include them again
      It will do - as it thinks it is a changed file and will re-back it up again

Is the Windows 7 backup and restore still 100% supported?, I don't mind using it at all, all my backups go onto a network However I did like how file history backed up changes files every X minutes. This would be quite nice.

I use File History along with Windows 7 Backup and System Image - no issues here

garydexter, Apr 3, 2016
  5. For file history where it says "Back up these folders" can't I just remove all of them and add a folder like

S:\users\xxx

Like this everything is backed up in that users folder. I can do this but it still adds the indivual folders like S:\users\xxx\desktop and I am not sure if this duplicates data.

FatalError, Apr 3, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    You might want to try using Macrium Reflect for making a complete image of your Windows 10 OS. Lots of us on here use this program, the free version. Just store the image on a 2nd drive. External drive if possible. Here is a link.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Apr 3, 2016
  7. Windows 7 built in backup is an excellent program. I actually restored my laptop with the image that I made with the built in image creater. For the first time in any OS's history, an easy to use and effective backup is here. Anyone who doesn't backup now no longer has an excuse. All you need is blank DVD's (the plain ones, NOT the rewritable ones) and/or an external drive. True simplicity.

jordandevin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?)

1. Backing up software required (Does 7 backup still work?) - Similar Threads - Backing software required

2. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  3. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  4. Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement: Hi All, I am looking for a reliable backup application that runs only when I decide to do the backup, and it is completely off otherwise. I have read that backup applications like Acronis use computation resources also when inactive. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!...
  5. Does Windows10 require antivirus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows10 require antivirus software?: I have an antivirus(Quick Heal) software installed because I had got a 3-year subscription for a very cheap price. But I have read that Windows10 particularly doesn't require antivirus software and Windows defender is sufficient. My subscription is ending and my laptop has...
  6. Does this backup software exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this backup software exist?: I'm looking for a backup software for Win10 that can backup specifically selected folders that I select instead of backing up the whole drive, and only back up the files if they have changed or updated so it doesn't take a long time rewriting every file that hasn't been...
  7. auto back up does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    auto back up does not work: My Laptop HP Pavilion, Windows 10, is set to back up to exterior hard drive every night at 11 pm. I have tried changing the times to back up. It does not respond and I must always backup manually. Need help please....
  8. Erunt Registry Backup Software with Windows 10. Does it work?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Erunt Registry Backup Software with Windows 10. Does it work?: I recently purchased a laptop with the Win 10 o.s. Will the Erunt program run with Windows 10? I ve used it on XP and 7, but haven't tried it on 10. I d like to find out if it does indeed work before I try installing it. Thank you. 82155
  9. Back up a licensed software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up a licensed software?: Hello, I have a really old laptop which I want to reinstall Windows 10 now because it was upgraded from 7 to 8 to 8.1 and now 10 (without a clean install) and has got crazy slow now. Problem is, there's a licensed version of a software on there and the person who's...
  10. will 8.1 backups still work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will 8.1 backups still work: Good morning, I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after upgrading to Win10? Thanks and regards, 14907