Windows 10: Backing Up

Discus and support Backing Up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I run two separate laptops, which both run Win 10 but need separate back ups. I have a 1GB external drive, both laptops are 500GB capacity. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by carrotmuseum, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Backing Up

I run two separate laptops, which both run Win 10 but need separate back ups.

I have a 1GB external drive, both laptops are 500GB capacity.

Can I back up both to the one drive? Can I set it up so that a back up is backed up and updated when I plug in the usb cable?

I assume Win 10 back up does incremental changes once the initial back up is made?

:)

carrotmuseum, Oct 26, 2015
  2. MichealOrlando, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Backing up 5800

I'm using both. But Nokia Pc suite does a pim backup, contacts, notes, bookmarks, etc... Ovi does media backup, pics, video, etc...

I'm also new with theses softwares but this is what I used them for now.

ruifcastro, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Backing Up

Are you asking about creating a system image or using File History?

Cliff S, Oct 26, 2015
  5. not sure, I guess preferably both. Can you advise both ways?

I want a relatively simple recourse should the worst happen.

carrotmuseum, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    For both I would partition the external drive into separate partitions first, so I know which folder belongs to which PC. For example Laptop1 (E*Smile and Laptop2 (F*Smile.

Then you can setup File History on each Laptop to its respective partition(the files will be compressed(zipped) so space won't be an issue, and you can set it up on what to do if space is running low.

For System Images you can use Macrium Reflect free(here is a thread with links to free version, paid version and help/knowledge base)
    and also point each laptop to it's respective partition. These are also compressed. For example my 512GB SSD is using about 85GB and the Full image is only 30GB. For system images it is recommended to create full images, as if an incremental or Differential backup is or becomes corrupt, you won't bee able to recover. But if one full is corrupt you can just choose another earlier.

Backing Up [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backing Up

1. Backing Up - Similar Threads - Backing

2. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  3. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  4. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...: I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had 0% battery. The laptop is still working and still it doesn't shutdown by its self until the battery capacity has already been empty. I want to know how much battery capacity is left to...
  6. I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...

I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had...: I accidentally pressed the power button on the laptop then when I turned it back on it had 0% battery. The laptop is still working and still it doesn't shutdown by its self until the battery capacity has already been empty. I want to know how much battery capacity is left to...
  7. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  8. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  9. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Error code 0x80070002 while backing up computer

Error code 0x80070002 while backing up computer: this is my old windows 7 computer, which is so terribly slow that it cant even upgrade any further... and it's displaying this error whenever i try to back up anything, and i mean ANYTHING. Even just copying a simple folder that's empty, and no system image gets me this...