Windows 10: Backout work marvelously.

Discus and support Backout work marvelously. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used the recovery link to backout my Windows 8 and it brought back the part that I needed and rest looks stable. Clarify - I used the bootable USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chiko, Jul 29, 2015.

1. chiko Win User

Backout work marvelously.

I used the recovery link to backout my Windows 8 and it brought back the part that I needed and rest looks stable.

Clarify - I used the bootable USB to do an inplace upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 because the Windows Update process just was not happening for me.

For the 10 minutes I tested it, it was much better and quicker. I had to backout because the upgrade removed Norton Security from the OS. Norton AV was not critical but it also removed my access to the Norton Identity Suite and password vault which was a showstopper as now I could not login to critical websites.
    After the backout I now confirming that I am running Norton Security Suite 21.7.0.11 on Windows 7.

I just downloaded the Norton Security Suite, sans backup and will attempt to update this thread if it survives the upgrade process or if at least I can get my passwords back.

Before the Win10 Upgrade I did export my password vault in the application native format but without a good path forward to restore that, I undid the Windows 10 upgrade and that is where I am now.
    After the restore to Windows 7 i exported the Norton vault in .CSV format to a USB. Not very secure as the passwords are all in plain text but it is compatible. Hopefully I dont have any malware scanning my drives and keystrokes.

BTW - Backout of Windows 10 to Windows 7 was pretty impressive. Only took about 30 mins while the Win7 to Win10 upgraded took quite a bit longer. Pretty sure there was only one reboot but I was not watching it.

Shout out to Macrium Reflect Backup that I installed while the Win10 download was happening. I did not try it as the Windows 10 Recovery worked so well but I have more confidence in that disk imaging software than I did it Microsoft. But then I was happily wrong. And yes I did build the Win PE recovery stick. Great idea. Just glad that i did not have to confirm how well Macrium Plan B would have worked.

:)

chiko, Jul 29, 2015
  2. dizzy274 Win User

Windows 10 Backout Works

Hi

This is more a statement than a question...

I upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and had a problem with an old program ( Wordperfect 12 ) which worked ok in XP compatibility mode under W8.1. I haven't got time to try to sort it out now, so I ran the option to revert to W8.1. It worked and took about 30 minutes.

Just trying help anyone that is concerned about possibly having to backout W10. It worked ok for me.

I did have an Acronis backup of the system before I started, so I was more inclined to give it a go.....

Best Regards.

Ian.

dizzy274, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Backout Plan

Can I uninstall Windows 10 if I do not like it or something goes wrong?

Yes, you can see the following:
    How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

Remember to always backup:

Will upgrading from Windows 7 or later preserve my personal files, applications and settings?

Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version will preserve your personal files (documents, music, pictures, videos, downloads, favorites, contacts etc, applications (ie. Microsoft Office, Adobe applications etc), games and settings (ie. passwords, custom
    dictionary, application settings).

Will my existing programs, hardware and drivers work on Windows 10?

Most applications and hardware drivers designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the software developer and hardware vendor to find out about support for
    Windows 10. Windows 10 setup will keep, upgrade, replace and might require that you install new drivers through Windows Update or from the manufacturers website.

You can also download the Download the Windows 10 Reservation App and use it to check your system readiness.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

Backout work marvelously. [​IMG]

Click the hamburger menu at the upper left hand corner.

Click Check your PC

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  4. chiko Win User

After reboot password vault OK and now on 22.5.0.120. I guess this is a beta.
    Note that I dont have a norton subscription or pay for this subscription. I came with the ISP.
    One minor hiccup. I installed the beta while logged on as a "normal user" but activated UAC with a dedicate separate Admin account. The install did not appear to complete until I logged in as the separate admin and let it do some finalization.. Onward from here. Lets see if NAV 22.5.0.120 survives.
    PS. it asked me to login to Norton but the Admin account does not no my password, and neither do I since its stored in the vault, so I just logged in with my normal user account to complete this posting.

Back to 3 hours of Win7 to Win10 Upgrade attempt.

chiko, Jul 29, 2015
  5. chiko Win User
    Mostly worked. New version of NAV 22 survived the OS upgrade process and preserved the password vault availability, at least within Chrome.
    Good Night !!!!

chiko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Backout work marvelously. - Similar Threads - Backout marvelously

2. Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout: I have tried recommended corrective actions; update gets to 93%, then repeats the behavior. Is it better for me to perform a reset or upload the latest win 11 version? This is a time killer and need to get it resolved.Thanks in Advance - Chris+++Edition Windows 11 Pro Version...
  3. Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout: I have tried recommended corrective actions; update gets to 93%, then repeats the behavior. Is it better for me to perform a reset or upload the latest win 11 version? This is a time killer and need to get it resolved.Thanks in Advance - Chris I’m sorry to hear that you’re...
  4. Is there a way to recover data if your "marvelous" windows 10 deleted dozens of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover data if your "marvelous" windows 10 deleted dozens of my...: Hello, today i updated microsoft windows 10 and after that, it uninstalled my games,documents and my work for school!!! So i have to do the work for my school again, i don't know why windows 10 did it but i'm angry, this was the last drop of my blood, your OS is a big...
  5. Is there a way to recover data if your "marvelous" windows 10 deleted dozens of my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to recover data if your "marvelous" windows 10 deleted dozens of my...: Hello, today i updated microsoft windows 10 and after that, it uninstalled my games,documents and my work for school!!! So i have to do the work for my school again, i don't know why windows 10 did it but i'm angry, this was the last drop of my blood, your OS is a big...
  6. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  7. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  8. Is there a tool to backout a KBXXXXXX when KB and Mouse are disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a tool to backout a KBXXXXXX when KB and Mouse are disabled: After an update I am "locked out" due to the update preventing USB KB and Mouse from loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/is-there-a-tool-to-backout-a-kbxxxxxx-when-kb-and/189bd7dd-6d2b-4c54-850d-544ddf28e6b7
  9. Windows Update Failure 0x800f0922 and Stuck at Download-Install-Fail-Backout-Repeat Cascade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Failure 0x800f0922 and Stuck at Download-Install-Fail-Backout-Repeat Cascade: Windows 10 (Hewlett Packard laptop) computer is at the 1803 build and will not install KB4343909 and keeps giving error 0x800f0922. Then backs out the update. Then retries the update. Then fails. Then backs out. Then repeats every day... Every install/backout cycle takes over...
  10. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...