Windows 10: Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

Discus and support Backup a folder automatically and incrementally in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have a folder, for example: C:\MASTER -> (A) that I want to backup to: D:\MASTER_BACKUP -> (B) I want to do it manually or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pipppero2007, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

Hi,

I have a folder, for example:

C:\MASTER -> (A)

that I want to backup to:

D:\MASTER_BACKUP -> (B)

I want to do it manually or automatically when I want.

"C:\MASTER" must be always untouched by the software, but also the software but compare A and B folder to skip files and folder that are already on the destination (B).

I don't want a "SYNC" tool because I don't want NEVER that folder B give its files (even its updated files) to A, never and never.

I cannot use a "sync" software because I am afraid that I wrong something and I will compromise A but also many copy software are not useful for me... I need a software of backup that is free and updated but not a BIG and COMPLEX software because all I want is to backup a folder to another, smartly (otherwise I could use a software of copy or just the copy of W10).

Thanks!

:)

Pipppero2007, Mar 11, 2017

2. How to back up files to incremental back up in Windows 10

Hello, all you need is to find a reliable third-party backup tool as windows 10 doesn't have incremental backup function. Before do incremental backup, you should make full backup firstly. Then you can make incremental backup based on
    the full backup. If you don’t want to do that by yourself, you can please use the schedule plan and the software can make backup as you set automatically. You can please check more detailed procedures from

here

Jessica Remaker, Mar 11, 2017
  3. qinada Win User
    How do I backup to an external hard drive?

I highly recommend AOMEI Backupper Standard version, a free software that allows you to automatically

backup to external hard drive
    . With it, you can backup system, disk, partition, file and folders. Also, it has many features that Windows Backup and Restore does not have. For example: incremental and differential backup, restore to dissimilar hardware
    (available in paid version only ).

qinada, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

Brink, Mar 11, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    I use SyncToy from Microsoft. It has 3 different modes and the Echo Mode is what I use.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=15155

Backup a folder automatically and incrementally [​IMG]

When you run it on the bottom of the page is a Preview button and will open a page and lists every thing it will do. It has a check mark by each item so you can uncheck something you may want to skip.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 11, 2017
  6. It's from Microsoft (both of your solution) so i cannot be happier.

I will immediately check them.

Echo seem easier but i must see.

Thank you so much.

Pipppero2007, Mar 12, 2017
  7. Synctoy met my taste and beat even more complex sw.

But while synctoy is excellent for a job to do fastly and non continuative, i need also another sw that do what "Synkron" does (Synkron is not updated and i found a bug on it):

- repetitive sync during the day
    - multiple tasks of sync
    - buckup of files updated
    - totally respect and security for the "master" folder

something?

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

1. Backup a folder automatically and incrementally - Similar Threads - Backup folder automatically

2. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  3. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  4. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Daily Incremental Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Daily Incremental Backup: On my pc the C drive hosts windows and programs and D drive hosts my personal, non-system data. I have a few external drives for backup and general storage. I want to begin a 'manual' daily incremental backup regimen of the D drive (I will consider backing up C if your advice...
  6. Incremental Backup Procedure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incremental Backup Procedure: I have a Seagate STDR4000602 as an external drive for storing backup files but do not know how to schedule my Windows 10 to incremental backup files on a nightly basis....
  7. Zip incremental backup

Zip incremental backup: Morning all I have sync'ed files in F:\mainbackup folder I then zip this into F:\main using: for /d %%X in (*) do "%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "F:\Main\%%X.zip" "%%X" I want to incremental zip backup up to F:\1, using F:\mainbackup and zipped folders in F:\Main as...
  8. Incremental backup programs

Incremental backup programs: Windows 10 does not do incremental backups but I want to know about them.I have a program that runs files from a folder and I keep adding files to the folder it runs from. Some of the files I add have the same file name but have changed slightly. When I do an incremental...
  9. Incremental backup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Incremental backup programs: Windows 10 does not do incremental backups but I want to know about them.I have a program that runs files from a folder and I keep adding files to the folder it runs from. Some of the files I add have the same file name but have changed slightly. When I do an incremental...
  10. Bloated Incremental backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bloated Incremental backups: I have a backup scheme where I do 1 full backup after 3 daily incrementals. I do so few incrementals because they are so huge, 65-70GB when I make less than 1MB of changes. At first My backup app, Acronis True Image customer services says that it could be a hardware issue but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically and incrementally back up