Windows 10: Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 The Alarms & Clock app is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

The Alarms & Clock app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. The app is a combination of alarm clock, world clock, timer, and stopwatch. You can use the app to set alarms and reminders, check times around the world, and time your activities, including laps and splits.

If you use the Alarms & Clock app, you can manually backup your alarms and world clocks to manually restore as needed to any account on any Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to manually backup and restore your alarms and world clocks for the Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Backup Alarms and World clocks from Alarms & Clock app
    • Option Two: To Restore Alarms and World clocks to Alarms & Clock app

EXAMPLE: Alarm and World Clock in Alarms & Clock app

Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup Alarms and World clocks from Alarms & Clock app
    1. If the Alarms & Clock app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Copy the Settings folder to your desktop. (see screenshot below)

4. Move the Settings folder on your desktop to where want to keep it saved at as your backup. It is safe to rename this folder to anything you like if wanted.

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Alarms and World clocks to Alarms & Clock app

*Warning Restoring a backup of your alarms and world clocks in the Alarms & Clock app will remove and replace any current alarms and world clocks.
    1. If the Alarms & Clock app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings

3. In a separate File Explorer window, open the backed up Settings folder from Option One, select the contents in this folder, right click or press and hold on the selected items, and click/tap on Copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Paste the selected files from the backup in step 3 into the Settings folder from step 2.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the File Explorer windows if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 29, 2017

2. Alarms and Clock app not working in Windows 10

Certain features of the Alarms and Clock app are not working in Windows 10.

The main reason I use this app is for the Timer, which currently is not working.

• I cannot create a new timer.
    • I cannot remove the default timer that is there when the app is first run.
    • I cannot edit the default timer

I have read the " Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store" article and tried the following steps.

• Checking for updates.
    • Resetting the app.
    • Running the app troubleshooter

None of this has fixed the issue I am facing. The Alarm function of this app is also showing the exact same issues.

Please advise.

JimmyOrevich, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 Alarm Clock Broken

Hi Daniel,

For us to check what might have caused this issue that you're experiencing when using the Windows 10 Alarm Clock app, please provide the following information:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Just to clarify, are you referring to the built-in Alarm Clock app in Windows 10?
    • Is this the first time that you've experienced this issue? Were there any changes made or Windows update that was installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue only happen when using the Windows 10 Alarm Clock app? Have you tried playing other sounds to check if the same issue will persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

Windows Alarms and Clock

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue and we apologies for delay in responding.

When you say "Alarms and Clock" are you referring to the build in app on Windows 10 or have you installed it from Windows Store?

Check if your system Date and time is correctly set.

If this is the build in Alarm and Clock app then we suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it and check if it helps:

To uninstall Alarm and Clock App
    follow the below steps:

1. Type Windows in the search box and right click on
    Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

2. Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* | remove-appxpackage
    on the PowerShell and hit Enter.

This will uninstall the Alarm and Clock
    app and then you can reinstall the app from Windows Store.

Get Windows Alarms & Clock - Microsoft Store

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is with Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App. I cannot set new alarms and new alarms are not showing up in Windows Alarm & Clock App and when I create a new alarm and click on the save button the App closes suddenly. Uninstalled the App using Power Shell Command Line "Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage" restarted Windows and reinstalled the App from Windows Store, but the problem still persists.

I'm showing a video regarding details of the problem ....

Please provide some suggestions !!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. *Sad*Sad*Sad

System Specs:
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
    Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)
    RAM - 4 GB DDR2
    Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)
    OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

debjitdas86, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to add multiple alarms in Alarms and Clock app?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To add more than one Alarm in the Alarm and clock app follow the steps.

1. Press Windows key and type "Alarm". Click on the
    Alarm and Clock app option.

2. Click on the '+' icon on the lower-right corner of the screen and set your alarm accordingly.

3. Click on the '+' icon to add as many alarms as you wish to add.

For further help, refer the steps below:

Alarms app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/alarms-app-faq

(Applicable for Windows 10)

How to use Alarms & Clock app

http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-ch/windows-10/how-to-use-alarms-clock-app#v1h=tab01

Note: App refers to Application.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Alarms

2. Windows 10 Alarms & Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Alarms & Clock: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way of adding your own custom alarms to the Alarms & Clocks App. I looked it up and could only find answers from a few years ago that do not work. I love the feature, But would much rather wake up to The Police than to Regular alarm...
  3. Alarms and Clock app problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alarms and Clock app problem: After the latest Win 10 cumulative update KB5000802, the new Alarms and Clock app has multiple problems. The Timer and the Alarm functions do not work. For both, an error message pops up: "Something went wrong - restarting the device might help 0x-2143420155". Restarting...
  4. Alarms & Clock App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock App: Why did the Alarms & Clock app increase the size of the Timer displays? They are huge compared to before, I used to manage timers in a small window, but now I have to enlarge the app to full screen to see just 6 timers. All I want to see is the name of the timer, the...
  5. Windows Alarm&clock app disappeared

Windows Alarm&clock app disappeared: The Windows alarms&clock app disappeared from my laptop. I cant find it in the app list. I have updated windows with no luck. I read that I could reinstall it from the store but when I try I get a message stating "Try again later Something happened on our end". This message...
  6. Windows Music Alarm Clock app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Music Alarm Clock app: Hello, I use the Music Alarm Clock app. I keep it up on my screen all the time to see the time of day. Today, it stopped functioning. The time of day is locked at 1:00 pm. I have reset the Music Alarm Clock app to no avail. Please help. Thank you, Richard...
  7. ALARM AND CLOCK app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ALARM AND CLOCK app: when I set alarms or timer they are not working and not have any notifications about them when their time expires but a whitish appearance of action center symbol is observed and once I opened nothing in that action center...
  8. Alarms and Clock app not working in Windows 10

Alarms and Clock app not working in Windows 10: Certain features of the Alarms and Clock app are not working in Windows 10. The main reason I use this app is for the Timer, which currently is not working. I cannot create a new timer. I cannot remove the default timer that is there when the app is first run. I cannot...
  9. Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch,...
  10. Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.

Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is with Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App. I cannot set new alarms and new alarms are not showing up in Windows Alarm & Clock App and when I...