Windows 10: Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 [img] Information If you clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If you clean install Windows, you will need to install drivers for each device in the system. Some of these device drivers may no longer be available from the manufacturer, or you misplaced a backup of the driver installation file from the manufacturer.

It would be a good idea to back up your device drivers before doing a clean install to make it easy to restore any of these drivers as needed afterwards.

This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore all 3rd party device drivers on your Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to backup and restore drivers.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Back Up All Device Drivers in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: To Back Up All Device Drivers in PowerShell
    • Option Three: To Restore a Device Driver Backup in Device Manager

OPTION ONE [/i] To Back Up All Device Drivers in Command Prompt

Note For more usage details about the dism /export-driver command, see:

DISM Driver Servicing (.inf) Command-Line Options - Microsoft MSDN

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow dism /online /export-driver /destination:"full path of folder"

Note Substitute full path of folder in the command above with the actual full path of the folder (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") you want to export all 3rd party device drivers into. If this folder doesn't currently exist, you will need to create it first before running the command.

For example: dism /online /export-driver /destination:"F:\Drivers Backup"

3. When exporting has finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

4. The device drivers will now be exported into the specified folder location (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") as your backup. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Back Up All Device Drivers in PowerShell

Note For more usage details about the Export-WindowsDriver command, see:

Export-WindowsDriver - Microsoft TechNet

1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination "full path of folder"

Note Substitute full path of folder in the command above with the actual full path of the folder (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") you want to export all 3rd party device drivers into. If this folder doesn't currently exist, you will need to create it first before running the command.

For example: Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination "F:\Drivers Backup"

3. When exporting has finished, you can close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

4. The device drivers will now be exported into the specified folder location (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") as your backup. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Restore a Device Driver Backup in Device Manager
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Right click or press and hold on the device (ex: "Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth") you want to restore a driver backup for, and click/tap on Update driver. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Manually install a driver. (see screenshot below)

4. Follow the steps below to select the folder (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") containing the backup of your device drivers from Option One or Option Two above. (see screenshots below)
    1) Click/tap on the Browse button.

2) Navigate to and select the folder (ex: "F:\Drivers Backup") containing the backup of device drivers.

3) Click/tap on OK.

4) Check the Include subfolders box.

5) Click/tap on Next.

5. Device Manager will now search for and install the device driver if it's newer than what is currently installed. (see screenshot below)

6. When you have finished restoring driver backups, you can close Device Manager if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2017

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 26, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  5. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10. USB Device Driver Installation problem

Hi Lex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    Error code 28 indicates that the drivers for that device are not installed.

As of now I suggest you to restore the drivers to previous version by rolling back. To restore a driver to its previous version, kindly follow the below given steps.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

• Press Windows key + X
      and then click on Device Manager.
    • Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device that you want to restore to a previous driver version.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Roll Back Driver.
    If you are logged on as a standard user, the button will be dimmed, which means it's unavailable. You must be logged on as an administrator to roll back a driver.

Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Device

2. Windows 10 Backup And Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup And Restore: Dear Sir I am using Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.610 and facing problem for windows system image backup and restore utility which failed to create system image backup and popup Error Message Device was not Ready followed By Error OX 80070015 .I have tried it with...
  3. Backup and Restore - Windows 10

Backup and Restore - Windows 10: I am attempting to set up a back up schedule for my new Windows 10 system. Do I really want to use the Windows 7 Backup and Restore that my pc keeps going to?...
  4. backup and restore windows 10

backup and restore windows 10: My old WD drive died and I bought a new WD drive but windows 7 backup and restore will backup only my files, not the whole computer including the OS. It seems to require a specific format on the drive. What to do?...
  5. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...
  6. backup and restore windows 10

backup and restore windows 10: My old WD drive died and I bought a new WD drive but windows 7 backup and restore will backup only my files, not the whole computer including the OS. It seems to require a specific format on the drive. What to do?...
  7. windows 10 backup & restore

windows 10 backup & restore: Hello, I am trying to delete a windows backup image off of my PC that my brother made of his PC through windows backup feature. I can locate the file in file explorer, however, when I right click on the file and select delete I get the message "the file is in use by system"...
  8. Backup and Restore on Windows 10

Backup and Restore on Windows 10: I have a surface pro 3 with windows 10 and have tried to backup and restore to a USB drive multiple times. I keep getting this error Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\LadyRW\Desktop\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) Backup encountered...
  9. How to Backup and Restore Drivers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Backup and Restore Drivers in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Device Drivers are software which lets you use anything on PC with the OS. There are drivers for graphics card, keyboard, mouse, and everything else. Now it may so happen that for some reason a device has stopped working, or [...] This post How to Backup and Restore...
  10. Backup and restore with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and restore with Windows 10: I am new to 10 and in the past version of Windows I have used the free version of Backup Maker for backing up my hard drive to an external drive. The program works okay but does have some issues I am not happy with. I thought I would try to use the Backup and Restore File...