Windows 10: Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows

Discus and support Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows Filter Keys is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by brianwall, Mar 18, 2016.

1. brianwall Win User

Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows

How to: Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows

How to Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows

Filter Keys is an Accessibility option that you can use to control the keyboard repeat rate and ignore repeated keys.

When Filter Keys is turned on, you can also turn on and adjust Bounce Keys, Slow Keys, and Repeat Keys.
    • Bounce Keys - You may "bounce" keys, resulting in double strokes of the same key or other similar errors. BounceKeys instructs Windows to ignore unintended keystrokes.
    • Slow Keys - The sensitivity of the keyboard can be a problem, especially if you strike keys accidentally. SlowKeys instructs Windows to disregard keys that are not held down for a certain period of time.
    • Repeat Keys - Most keyboards allow you to repeat a key just by holding it down. If you cannot lift your fingers off the keyboard quickly enough, this can result in unintentionally repeated characters. RepeatKeys lets you adjust the repeat rate or disable it altogether.
    This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore the Filter Keys settings of any user account on any Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Backup Filter Keys Settings of Current Account
    • Option Two: To Restore Filter Keys Settings to Current Account

EXAMPLE: Filter Keys settings

Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup Filter Keys Settings of Current Account
    1. Sign in to the user account you want to backup its Filter Keys settings.

2. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

3. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response

4. Right click on the Keyboard Response key in the left pane of Registry Editor, and click/tap on Export. (see screenshot above)

5. Navigate to where you want to export this Keyboard Response key to as a .reg file, type a file name (ex: "My_Filter_Keys_settings") you want for this .reg file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

*note This .reg file is the backup of the current account's Filter Keys settings that you can restore to any user account on any Windows 7, 8, or 10 computer.

6. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Filter Keys Settings to Current Account
    1. Sign in to the user account you want to restore a backup of Filter Keys settings.

2. Double click/tap on the .reg file (ex: "My_Filter_Keys_settings.reg") created using Option One.

3. When prompted, click/tap on Yes (merging the .reg file.

4. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

brianwall, Mar 18, 2016
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 27, 2019
  4. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 27, 2019
  5. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 27, 2019
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Filter

2. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  3. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  4. Restore chrome filter in family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore chrome filter in family: I am using ms family. In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome. How to restore chrome back on this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-chrome-filter-in-family/c37d6b4b-8355-47d8-b0bb-f9bad902a060"
  5. filter key

in Windows 10 Customization
    filter key: how do I turn off filter keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/filter-key/4b82c632-80a2-4d72-bd2a-a252f61c6d11
  6. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. If you like, you can backup your font...
  7. Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows When Sticky Keys is turned on, you can press a modifier key (SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT) and then another key in sequence rather than at the same time, to enter...
  8. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...
  9. Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings: How to: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings How to Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information If you make customizations to your Task Manager settings, i.e. add columns, change sort order, set per tab options, and many others, a New...
  10. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...