Windows 10: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

Discus and support Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, May 24, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design.

If you like, you can backup your font settings to be able to restore them as needed.

Font settings include:
    This tutorial will show you how to backup and restore font settings for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Backup Font Settings of Current User
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow reg export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Font Management" "%UserProfile%\Desktop\My Font Settings.reg"

Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows [​IMG]

3. You will now have a My Font Settings.reg file on your desktop. This is the backup of your font settings. You can move this .reg file to where you like to keep it saved at.

*note You can rename the My Font Settings.reg file if you like.

4. You can close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Restore Font Settings to any User on a PC
    1. Sign in to the account on the PC you want to restore your font settings backup from Option One.

2. Double click/tap on the My Font Settings.reg file from Option One to merge it.

3. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, May 24, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Default font settings restore.

Hello Triggsy18

Please follow these steps

Go to the Windows 10 search field on the taskbar, and type Control Panel. Click on the Control Panel link under the search results, to open it. With the Control Panel open, go to Appearance and Personalization, and then Change Font Settings under Fonts.

Under Font Settings, click the Restore default font settings button. Windows 10 will then begin restoring the default fonts. Windows can also hide fonts that are not designed for your input language settings. To do this, select the Hide fonts based on language
    settings checkbox before clicking on the Restore default fonts button.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Oct 27, 2019
  6. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

1. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Font

2. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  3. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  4. Default font settings restore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  5. Restore Default Font settings button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Default Font settings button: In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font Settings, the button labeled "Font settings" does not work although when pressed it appears to work. I even left it pressed overnight but no joy. Any help appreciated. [IMG]...
  6. Restore Default Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Font Settings in Windows: How to: Restore Default Font Settings in Windows How to Restore Default Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. You can change the following font settings in...
  7. Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Filter Keys Settings in Windows Filter Keys is an Accessibility option that you can use to control the keyboard repeat rate and ignore repeated keys. When Filter Keys is turned on,...
  8. Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows When Sticky Keys is turned on, you can press a modifier key (SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT) and then another key in sequence rather than at the same time, to enter...
  9. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...
  10. Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings: How to: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings How to Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information If you make customizations to your Task Manager settings, i.e. add columns, change sort order, set per tab options, and many others, a New...