Windows 10: Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10 The Windows Maps app is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

The Windows Maps app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10.

Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions. Search for places to get directions, business info, and reviews. Download maps to use when youre offline. Tour the world virtually with breathtaking aerial imagery and 360 degree street-level views. Plus, you get the same experience across all your Windows 10 PCs and phones.

If you use the Maps app, you can manually backup your settings to manually restore as needed to any account on any Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to manually backup and restore your settings for the Maps app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Maps app settings

Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup Settings from Maps app
    1. If the Maps app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Copy the Settings folder to your desktop. (see screenshot below)

4. Move the Settings folder on your desktop to where want to keep it saved at as your backup. It is safe to rename this folder to anything you like if wanted.

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Settings to Maps app

*Warning Restoring a backup of your settings in the Maps app will replace your current settings.
    1. If the Maps app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings

3. In a separate File Explorer window, open the backed up Settings folder from Option One, select the contents in this folder, right click or press and hold on the selected items, and click/tap on Copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Paste the selected files from the backup in step 3 into the Settings folder from step 2.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the File Explorer windows if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Oct 20, 2017

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 27, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 does not show backup and restore notification.

Hi,

This issue might occur if notifications are not turned on. I suggest you to
    turn on all notification settings
    and check if that helps. Refer the steps below.

• Type Notification and actions settings on Search and hit Enter.
    • Turn on all Notifications: Restart your computer and check.
    Do let us know if you get backup and restore notification. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 27, 2019
  6. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Maps app Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Maps

2. Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive: [ATTACH] I recently got a new windows 10 machine and I'm trying to restore some of my backups made with the windows 7 backup utility. Everything seems to work fine until I try to choose a network drive as a restore location. At first, it just didn't even show up as a...
  3. How to backup and restore Photos app settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Photos app settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to backup and restore Photos app settings in Windows 10, then you can follow this tutorial. Photos is a preinstalled app in […] This article How to backup and restore Photos app settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows 10, restore corrupt profile from backup? App settings? Apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, restore corrupt profile from backup? App settings? Apps?: I got the dreaded user profile is corrupt, creating a temporary profile error. Created a new User Profile. Do I really have to build everything from scratch?!!! Ugh. 1. Is it possible to restore my profile from a backup? If so, what directories, files, etc. should I pay...
  5. Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 The Groove Music app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. You can listen to your favorite music in...
  6. Backup and Restore Camera app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Camera app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Camera app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Camera app Settings in Windows 10 The Windows Camera app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. If your PC has a built-in camera or a connected...
  7. Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10 The Microsoft Photos app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This app lets you view and edit your photos and...
  8. Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes...
  9. Backup and Restore News app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore News app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore News app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore News app Settings in Windows 10 The MSN News app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This app lets you see the top stories of the day and breaking news...
  10. Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10 The MSN Weather app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. The app lets you get the latest weather conditions, and...