Windows 10: Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The reason I am on here is last week I had a Windows 10 update that not only wiped out most of my files on my desktop it also wiped out all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by brummyfan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. tae111 Win User

Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

The reason I am on here is last week I had a Windows 10 update that not only wiped out most of my files on my desktop it also wiped out all my favorites in Edge. A Windows tech spent over an hour on a computer sharing session but could not fix anything. When it was over I restored the computer to a earlier date and everything came back. I understand the anniversary update will take away the restore option and I have already gotten the message to restart for the update so I'm scrambling before they destroy my life again. I have version 1511

tae111, Sep 19, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Tae, *Smile

If you currently have at least build 10568 or later installed, then this tutorial will work for you to back up and restore your Microsoft Edge favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Brink, Sep 19, 2016
  3. tae111 Win User
    I have 10586.545. In View Favorite Settings I only have a option for import. There is no option to export listed for saving it in HTML. I have used option 2 Datastore. I hope that works. Thanks

tae111, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Tae,

Correct. Option One is not available for your build as posted in the other tutorial.

You'll be able to use OPTION TWO and OPTION THREE here though. *Smile

Brink, Sep 19, 2016
  5. tae111 Win User
    Thanks. I will let the Windows Anniversary update load and keep my fingers crossed. These guys at Microsoft are smart. You would think they would figure out a way to update their operating systems without causing so many problems. Unless they just don't really care if it does or not. I sometimes get the feeling they are so arrogant they couldn't care less what happens.

tae111, Sep 19, 2016
  6. glivo Win User
    This didn't work for me. Followed Steps 2 and 3 but Edge does not show previously backed up settings. The date stamp on the backed up folder is correct but it doesn't reflect any change when I put it into the new Windows installation.

glivo, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello glivo, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You might see if using Option 1 with an HTML file may work better for you.

Brink, Feb 24, 2017
  8. glivo Win User

Too late now. I backed up using Step 2 before reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch and then tried using Step 3 to Restore the settings. The old system is gone so I can't now Export to HTML.

glivo, Feb 24, 2017
  9. glivo Win User
    My apologies Brink. I had used the wrong folder to try to restore my settings. I found where I'd actually put it and tried again. All good now. I have been having significant problems with my Windows 10 installation and I'd forgotten where I put the Edge DataStore folder backup.

glivo, Feb 24, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news glivo. I'm glad you were able to restore your favorites. *Smile

Brink, Feb 24, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Shawn, I just happened to notice something.

Since when does Edge backup bookmarks automatically by itself?
    I found this in my user folder hidden(need to unhide)
    C:\Users\cliff\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\MicrosoftEdgeBackup20180303

Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I opened it and got the shortcut html(color is from my system theme, sorry)

In Edge's settings I can't find import from backup(yet at least)

Cliff S, Mar 3, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 3, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

I know, but how many people will know it's even there if it's hidden?
    You know what I mean. They should have an option "Import from Edge Backup" that opens the folder.

Cliff S, Mar 3, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It was most likely left with a generic "Import from file" since you can use an exported .html file from any browser.

It could use a bit more details in its description to help make it clearer that it can be used as a backup/restore option though.

Brink, Mar 3, 2018
  15. Cliff S New Member
    The only drawback about using it would be, if Edge's bookmarks get corrupted or messed up because of syncing(mine have in a VM and my laptop before, but not my main machine) and it auto updates daily, which if you look at the name it does(MicrosoftEdgeBackup20180303), then one would probably just end up importing a corrupted/screwed up bookmark copy.
    Maybe?

Cliff S, Mar 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Microsoft

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]This tutorial shows how to backup and restore all profiles, extensions, settings, favorites, history […] This article How to backup and restore Profiles, Extensions, Settings, Favorites in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  7. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  8. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  9. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup edge favorites windows 10

2. restore from microsoftedgebackups

3. microsoftedgebackups

4. windows 10 restore backup favourites,
  5. how to restore microsoft edge backup,
  6. backup microsoft edge favorites,
  7. how to backup and restore Edge favorites on Windows Phone,
  8. how to recover edge using microsoftedgebackups,
  9. windows 10 microsoft edge backup bookmarks,
  10. how to backup and restore microsoft edge favorites in windows 10,
  11. backup windows edge favorites,