Windows 10: Backup and Restore not working

Discus and support Backup and Restore not working in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am using pre rtm build with all updates installed. I can't get backup and restore to complete a system image. It fails with message about failure in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Deihmos, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Deihmos Win User

Backup and Restore not working

I am using pre rtm build with all updates installed. I can't get backup and restore to complete a system image. It fails with message about failure in preparing the backup. Does it work for anyone?

:)

Deihmos, Jul 27, 2015

2. System Restore and backup restore not working on Windows 10

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you are unable to perform System restore on your Windows 10 computer. This might be due to a corruption in the restore service. I suggest you to check the service which helps you perform a System restore.

Method 1: Check the Volume Shadow Copy Service.

Check the Volume shadow copy service in services window. To check follow these steps:

1. Type “Services” in the search box.

2. Right Click on Services and “Run it as an Administrator”.

3. Check for “Volume Shadow Copy” Service.

4. Set the status to “Started” and Startup type to “Automatic”.

Also check the dependency services that are required for Volume Shadows Copy Service to run.
    To check that double click on the service and click on the
    Dependency tab.

If the issue persists, you may try disabling the antivirus program on the computer to check if it helps.

Method 2: Disable security software on the system.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to update and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is
    vulnerable to malware attacks

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 27, 2015
  3. DanFWolfe Win User
    System Restore and backup restore not working on Windows 10

Original title:- Cannot restore backups, system image reset.

I had a problem with my op system and needed to restore. My restore points all did not work, My system image and all of my backups are on a drive that Windows says that I have to format before I can use it. My ISO disk says that the information they need
    to reinstall is missing on my PC. What am I suppose to do.. I cannot fix Windows without purchasing another copy?

DanFWolfe, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

Backup and Restore not working

1. Backup and Restore not working - Similar Threads - Backup Restore working

2. restoring backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restoring backup: Need help with restoring function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-backup/0aa3dd4c-122c-4e70-a307-53c3854c093e
  3. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  4. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Why can't I run a system image backup on my new Windows 11 HP laptop. only 60 gb used on 476gb ssd? My external Hard drive has 841gb free, yet the back up stops saying there isn't enough room to create backup because of VSS doesn't have enough space? how much space does it...
  5. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Windows backup failed. I am attaching screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/7edd6d5a-3d6b-4840-a0af-eb95d5170697
  6. Backup and Restore

Backup and Restore: My C drive failed, so I purchased a new one and reinstalled windows on C:. My backups are to D:. I have set up backups as before to D:, but when I attempt to restore my files, they are not visible to the Restore. I have renamed the computer to the same name as it used to be...
  7. backup and restore

backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  8. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...
  9. Backup and restore

Backup and restore: Hi, How and when would you use backup and restore on the IT systems using the windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-and-restore/bd662f36-c19a-44cd-b2ca-8c5d1a49ef60
  10. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393