Windows 10: Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages in Windows 10

By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message (notification) if problems are found.

This tutorial will show you how to backup and restore security and maintenance message settings for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Backup Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    • Option Two: Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages

EXAMPLE: Security and Maintenance Settings

Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Backup Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Checks

3. Right click on the Checks key in the left pane, and click/tap on Export. (see screenshot above)

4. Navigate to where you want to export the .reg file to, type a name you want for the .reg file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

*note This .reg file is the backup of your Security and Maintenance settings.

5. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    1. Double click/tap on the .reg file from Option One above to merge it.

2. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

3. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 10, 2016

2. Where can I find this: " Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore."

This is from Article ID 17127

The way I see it, if Microsoft can't even get a simple reference like 1. below correct, it's virtually hopeless.

"

Back up
    There are several ways to back up your PC.

• Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    • Do one of the following:
      • If you've never used Windows Backup before, or recently upgraded your version of Windows, select Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
      • If you've created a backup before, you can wait for your regularly scheduled backup to occur, or you can manually create a new backup by selecting Back up now.
      • If you’ve created a backup before, but want to make a new, full backup rather than updating the old one, select Create new, full backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard."

jimbell314, Oct 27, 2019
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, Oct 27, 2019
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
  6. problem with backup & restore

Operating on Windows 7 – steps I go through to set up backup & restore - Windows icon \ all programs \ maintenances \ backup & restore \ set up backup \ starting backup \ goes through backup setup to an external drive G: that has another laptop
    backup on it \ get a message
    The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. (0x80041321)”

J REXMASON, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Security

2. Windows backup and security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows backup and security settings: I use Windows 7 Backup to back up my files via USB device. The program changes the security settings ownership of the resulting files every time it is used. It's an annoyance. Is there any way this can be prevented? All guidance appreciated....
  3. How do I change security and maintenance settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change security and maintenance settings in Windows 10: Hi will make this as short as possible, a month ago was given a gigabytes tablet pc as had major problems, I installed win 10 home and without realising it, it was version 1511 which though fixed many of my problems it created a few more. After time I posted a question here...
  4. Problem regarding security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem regarding security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  5. Security and Maintenance settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  6. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...
  7. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. If you like, you can backup your font...
  8. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...
  9. Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Weather app Settings in Windows 10 The MSN Weather app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. The app lets you get the latest weather conditions, and...
  10. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...