Windows 10: Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 The Snip &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

If you use the Snip & Sketch app, you can manually backup your settings to manually restore as needed to any account on any Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to manually backup and restore your settings for the Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Snip & Sketch app settings

Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup Settings from Snip & Sketch app
    1. Close the Snip & Sketch app if open.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Copy the Settings folder to your desktop. (see screenshot below)

4. Move the Settings folder on your desktop to where want to keep it saved at as your backup. It is safe to rename this folder to anything you like if wanted.

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Settings to Snip & Sketch app
    1. Close the Snip & Sketch app if open.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbw\Settings

3. In a separate File Explorer window, open the backed up Settings folder from Option One, select the contents in this folder, right click or press and hold on the selected items, and click/tap on Copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Paste the selected files from the backup in step 3 into the Settings folder from step 2.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the File Explorer windows if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 16, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Screen Sketch app renamed to Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Insider build

You can choose snip delays from jump lists as well...

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User

It seems...

snips will only automatically paste into S&S UI by way of the S&S Menu or S&S jump lists...

UNLESS...

you have Notifications for S&S enabled, then, if you've snipped by way of Win+Shift+S, or other, you can then paste it in S&S UI by clicking on the banner...

btw...

S&S will populate jump lists if you select files and Open with... S&S:

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User

The Screen Sketch app was first introduced in Windows 10 build 17661.

Screen Sketch lets you quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Skip Ahead build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

The new version adds the ability to delay a snip up to 3 or 10 seconds. Under the New menu, you can select to "Snip now", "Snip in 3 seconds", or "Snip in 10 seconds".

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Snip

2. Snip & Sketch app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  3. Snip & Sketch app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  4. Snip and Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch app in Windows 10: How to auto open Snipping Tool window after taking a snip with snip and sketch app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-app-in-windows-10/8f78e487-ecce-4ea3-a67b-ca11780daf80
  5. Snip and Sketch app in Windows 10

Snip and Sketch app in Windows 10: How to auto open Snipping Tool window after taking a snip with snip and sketch app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-app-in-windows-10/8f78e487-ecce-4ea3-a67b-ca11780daf80
  6. What is the file location of the new Snip & Sketch

What is the file location of the new Snip & Sketch: Snipping tool has been replaced by Snip & Sketch in the newest Windows 10 version and I need to find out where it is located so I can create a shortcut for it on my desktop. Where can I find this? For Snipping tool it was easy. "Open file location". Snip & Sketch is harder...
  7. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...
  8. Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen,...
  9. Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 The Alarms & Clock app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. The app is a combination of alarm clock, world clock,...
  10. Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10: How to: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Take a Screen Snip (Screenshot) with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, a new Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a...