Windows 10: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

Discus and support Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings How to Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information If you make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

How to: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

How to Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10

Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings [​IMG]
    Information If you make customizations to your Task Manager settings, i.e. add columns, change sort order, set per tab options, and many others, a New Build update or a clean install will reset all values to the default values. An Explorer crash may also reset these values. It can be time consuming and tedious to setup all your settings again, particularly in the Details display.

This tutorial will show you how to backup and restore your Task Manager settings for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Backup (export) your Task Manager Settings
    • Option Two: To Restore (import) your Task Manager Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup (export) your Task Manager Settings
    Step One:
    Open a Run dialog box with WIN key+R. Type regedit and click OK.

Step Two:

Navigate to this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TaskManager

Step Three:

Right click "TaskManager", and click "Export".

Step Four:

Choose a location and name for your saved entries. Note the branch is defaulted to the current key, "TaskManager". Leave as is. Press "Save" to save your file.

Move or copy your saved registry entries to an external drive/folder/thumb drive for safe keeping.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore (import) your Task Manager Settings
    Step One:

Right-click the .reg file (your saved file from Step Four above), and click "Merge".

(Note: This step can be done from the media you saved the .reg file on. It does not have to be copied to the OS drive first)

Step Two:

At the next 2 prompts, click YES and OK.

All your saved Task Manager settings will now be available in the new build/clean install.

Note You do not need to log off/on or restart your computer for these changes to take affect.

That's all!

Related Tutorials

:)

Chuck38, Jun 12, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

My husband has aa Dell computer running windows 10 and he disabled all of the startup items.

Start in Safe Mode, re-enable the startup items in Task Manager, restart the computer normally.

In the future, make a daily image backup so working out of situations like that will be as easy as restoring a backup.

BulldogXX, Jun 12, 2015
  3. Messages import export question? [Urgent!!!]

Hi friend,

Bad news, Nokia Suite sync is one way. It will Backup but would not Restore it back.

Good News, there are two ways to accomplish this task:

1. In Phone, go to Files (File Manager)>Backup/Restore>Backup now.

2. On PC, take a Full Backup of device through Nokia Suite. It will include your Messages. Later you can Restore.

Hope it helps !

Good Luck Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings :)

Jainendra---01, Jun 12, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

If I remember correctly(and it isn't actually a "false memory");

When I tried Windows 10 Threshhold, on my laptop last October, before I bought my Windows 8.1 desktop, I really played around with it syncing everything, even though I was coming from Windows 7 and I didn't understand completely why. I know I set a custom view to Task Manager too.

When I bought my desktop and let 8.1 install, then went on line, everything sync'd and not only gave me the desktop from 10 but I believe even this was even sync'd. I thought then this OS syncing is one of the best OS innovations EVER.

Good tut tomcat*Thumbs

Cliff S, Jun 12, 2015
  5. gogreen Win User
    Terrific resource! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

gogreen, Sep 3, 2015
  6. vanowm Win User
    The settings don't work after major updates or reinstalling Windows.

vanowm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Task

2. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  3. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  4. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  6. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  7. How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?: In Windows 10, the Task Manager is displayed after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL but the Tasks tab is missing. How can I restore the Tasks tab to the Task Manager window?...
  8. Settings Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Suspended in Task Manager: In the task manager, several Processes (e.g. Settings and Cortana) are labeled "suspended" and then there's a leaf icon or something next to it. What is this? How do I stop this?...
  9. Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Settings: Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-settings/b9ff03b5-a332-4e45-8293-6993b0cf9b7b
  10. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. If you like, you can backup your font...