Windows 10: Backup and Sync from Google available soon

Discus and support Backup and Sync from Google available soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On June 28th, 2017, we will launch Backup and Sync from Google, a tool intended to help everyday users back up files and photos from their computers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Sync from Google available soon

Source: G Suite Update Alerts: Backup and Sync from Google available soon

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Login Error for Backup and Sync from Google

That means you're not using a Proxy server at all. Kindly contact Google support again, they are the ones who could solve this issue.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Allan Mej, Jun 14, 2017
  4. larc919 Win User

Sounds like yet another plan to store backups of my files outside my care, custody and control. No thanks, Google!

larc919, Jun 14, 2017
  5. pparks1 Win User
    Or, to put it another way, an opportunity for those who aren't diligent about doing backups to protect their files and photos with almost no effort on their part stored in a place where they can access them from anywhere, with practically any device.

pparks1, Jun 14, 2017
  6. larc919 Win User
    I was speaking for myself and nobody else. That kind of thing may be a life saver for some, but I'm careful to keep myself protected without having to entrust my data to an outside keeper that I have 0% control over.

larc919, Jun 14, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    Yeah, I know where you are coming from. I want the convenience of all data from anywhere. I just don't store anything sensitive in my cloud areas. Things like tax returns I don't need from everywhere.

pparks1, Jun 14, 2017
  8. Backup and Sync from Google available soon

larc919 had it right the first time.

xXWhackerXx, Jun 14, 2017
  9. pparks1 Win User
    Haha, I'm in a very tight locked down work environment. I came from a very cloud centric environment. My new locked down company is heading in a cloud direction and I'm always having these types of discussions with everybody. Infrastructure as a Service though is really where the industry is going, and containerization and headless computing. Eventually, the on-prem guys are going to be bearded Unix guys.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Sync from Google available soon - Similar Threads - Backup Sync Google

2. Google Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Sync: I repeatedly get messages to sync with Google though I have repeatedly done it via settings & confirmed request. If you look at settings it says sync failed but mail is sync'd. I get this message almost daily - help!...
  3. Google Backup and Sync won't Open (UI not shown)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Backup and Sync won't Open (UI not shown): I have installed Google Backup and Snc on windows 10. It won't open. To be specific, The UI isn't shown, When I run the application, the Tray icon appears and I can see the processes in the task manager but the UI isn't shown. Similarly, When clicking the Tray icon, Nothing...
  4. Ridiculous Google backup and sync times

Ridiculous Google backup and sync times: So i got a new laptop and i wanted to back up my Google drive to it like i do on my desktop. Simple task, it's almost 300gb, but I'm on gigabit internet... Nope. I decided to make it easy and copy it directly from my desktop to my laptop then just sync it so it's all tied...
  5. Verified Calls by Google available soon on Android phones

in Windows 10 News
    Verified Calls by Google available soon on Android phones: Businesses often rely on phone calls to reach out to new customers and serve existing ones. But here’s the hang-up: customers often don’t answer the call if they don’t recognize the number. They worry it could be spam, or worse, a scam: a...
  6. Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?: So right now on my Surface laptop i have Google drive backup and sync installed. The problem is my laptop's storage is only 128gb and i'm about to upgrade my drive storage to 200gb to make room for my 150gb worth of files so all this can no longer be stored on my laptop. So...
  7. Backup and Sync Google in conjunction with OneDrive Downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Sync Google in conjunction with OneDrive Downloading: It is too slow, it takes hours, has never completed. OneDrive is syncing at 458.2 KB/s. How can I speed this up? Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-sync-google-in-conjunction-with/4a3b9cbb-567a-4e98-94c0-e8452c29d99a"
  8. After new case install: Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing

After new case install: Google Backup and Sync constantly syncing: I installed a new case a few days back and had numerous issues therefore. I believe I'm down to my last issue: I use Google Backup and Sync to backup all my photos to the cloud. There are approximately 35,000 photos on my HDD. Problem is this: it takes the app about 15 hours...
  9. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync: Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot. I tried many methods (registry cleanup,...
  10. Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync

Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync: I have just installed Google Backup & Sync - the new replacement for Google Drive. In the drive I downloaded and installed the Cloud ePub Reader app. I now wish to uninstall this app but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? 92185