Windows 10: Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

Discus and support Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The install on my wd black primary drive became corrupted. Tried for hours using dism and even a reinstall and nothing worked. I have a wd blue drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

The install on my wd black primary drive became corrupted. Tried for hours using dism and even a reinstall and nothing worked. I have a wd blue drive as my backup image. It is fine other than being heavily fragmented. It was at 20 and have it down to 12. If I use Acronis now to refresh my black drive will it have same fragmentation ?

:)

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015

2. Win 10 Oem pre-installed inaccessible_boot_device

To restore an Acronis WD Edition partition backup you need an Acronis Recovery CD.

Image Backups are not interchangeable, each product (Acronis, EaseUS, Macrium, Paragon and Windows) has it's own format for the Image Backup file. Therefore you must create a "Recovery CD" using each product's utility to create the CD to be able to restore
    their backup to your disk drive.

Example: Acronis image backup file stored on an external USB drive requires an Acronis recovery cd (which you boot from) to restore the Acronis backup to your disk drive.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Sep 11, 2015
  3. The app didnt start Error

after installing windows 10 and softwares, i create a backup from windows with acronis true image

i restore my backup with acronis true image rescue disk

Mehrdad Aria, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

I believe, that if you use the sector by sector process to make your image, your restored image would still be fragmented. However, the normal Acronis process should eliminate any fragmentation.

Snakeyes, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

1. Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis - Similar Threads - Backup Disk image

2. Disk stays fragmented

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk stays fragmented: Hello everyone, I've been trying to defragment my main disk for quite some time using the Disk Optimization app which is provided by Windows itself. I've tried doing it for almost 3 times but my disk always stays fragmented. As we're speaking right now, I'm trying to...
  3. Issue Creating Image Backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue Creating Image Backups: I usually make an image backup after each Windows update. After the last update I'm unable to create one. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-creating-image-backups/da5a106b-1661-4cf1-aec0-3e4a41576951
  4. Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup: Should I switch Windows 10 backup off and is Acronis Backup a good program. If so I will order Acronis online. Thanks. I had a problem recently where Windows 10(7) backup would stop at 97% and run all night. I never had this happen before until the recent update to version...
  5. Windows 10 Image Backup Issues

Windows 10 Image Backup Issues: Hi everyone. I have been trying to use the Windows10 backup system, selecting the System Image method, and the process starts fine. But, it is extremely slow in getting the job done (I am sending backup to a 1Tb WD drive), and then when it gets to the end of the process many...
  6. sys image backup does not work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    sys image backup does not work: I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board. I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover my system with the the backup drives I get the message the file format is incorrect ntfs your bios is set to EFI?. This is...
  7. No external HDDs recognised since restoring acronis true image backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No external HDDs recognised since restoring acronis true image backup: Had some issues with my PC with user profile, so restored a 3 day old acronis true image backup. now none of my external HDDs are recognised, by Windows or Aome hdd manager either. USB pens are ok. hope there is a simple solution, desperately need to get this working...
  8. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...
  9. Creating System Image Backup Issues

Creating System Image Backup Issues: I made a thread here some time ago in trying to create a System Image (Sys Img) using a 3.0USB 1 TB Toshiba External HDD. My issue is it runs then stops with errors and creates blank folders in the ExtHDD. @essenbe this is the fella you were having discussions with on...
  10. Transfer System disk image to SSD

Transfer System disk image to SSD: I have created a disk image of the system disk, C:\ with the disk image software in Win 10 backup. The system disk was 70GB with 40GB of files. When I tried to write the image to the SSD the Win 10 install software said the disk (120GB= 110GB) was too small. I reinstalled the...