Windows 10: Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

Discus and support Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The install on my wd black primary drive became corrupted. Tried for hours using dism and even a reinstall and nothing worked. I have a wd blue drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

The install on my wd black primary drive became corrupted. Tried for hours using dism and even a reinstall and nothing worked. I have a wd blue drive as my backup image. It is fine other than being heavily fragmented. It was at 20 and have it down to 12. If I use Acronis now to refresh my black drive will it have same fragmentation ?

:)

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015

2. Win 10 Oem pre-installed inaccessible_boot_device

To restore an Acronis WD Edition partition backup you need an Acronis Recovery CD.

Image Backups are not interchangeable, each product (Acronis, EaseUS, Macrium, Paragon and Windows) has it's own format for the Image Backup file. Therefore you must create a "Recovery CD" using each product's utility to create the CD to be able to restore
    their backup to your disk drive.

Example: Acronis image backup file stored on an external USB drive requires an Acronis recovery cd (which you boot from) to restore the Acronis backup to your disk drive.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Sep 11, 2015
  3. The app didnt start Error

after installing windows 10 and softwares, i create a backup from windows with acronis true image

i restore my backup with acronis true image rescue disk

Mehrdad Aria, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

I believe, that if you use the sector by sector process to make your image, your restored image would still be fragmented. However, the normal Acronis process should eliminate any fragmentation.

Snakeyes, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

1. Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis - Similar Threads - Backup Disk image

2. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  3. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  4. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VSS issue with BCD.DLL: Can't backup using Acronis True Image 2020

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    VSS issue with BCD.DLL: Can't backup using Acronis True Image 2020: So it all started with me upgrading my PC to a different motherboard (same chipset and CPU brand). I'm having issues backing up using VSS using Acronis. I found the issue to be the bcd.dll but I don't know how to fix it. I have updated Windows and currently running Version...
  6. VSS and bcd.dll issue: Can't backup using VSS Acronis True Image 2020

VSS and bcd.dll issue: Can't backup using VSS Acronis True Image 2020: So it all started with me upgrading my PC to a different motherboard same chipset and CPU brand. I'm having issues backing up using VSS using Acronis. I found the issue to be the bcd.dll but I don't know how to fix it. I have updated Windows and currently running Version 21H1...
  7. For future reference, how do I restore an Acronis image backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For future reference, how do I restore an Acronis image backup?: I have Acronis to backup my whole computer (C:) weekly. I have it backup a a full version on my PC every 5 incremental versions (so for 4 weeks it backs up an incremental version, and then on that 5 week is backs up a whole version, if I am understanding this correctly)....
  8. Disk stays fragmented

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk stays fragmented: Hello everyone, I've been trying to defragment my main disk for quite some time using the Disk Optimization app which is provided by Windows itself. I've tried doing it for almost 3 times but my disk always stays fragmented. As we're speaking right now, I'm trying to...
  9. Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup: Should I switch Windows 10 backup off and is Acronis Backup a good program. If so I will order Acronis online. Thanks. I had a problem recently where Windows 10(7) backup would stop at 97% and run all night. I never had this happen before until the recent update to version...
  10. No external HDDs recognised since restoring acronis true image backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No external HDDs recognised since restoring acronis true image backup: Had some issues with my PC with user profile, so restored a 3 day old acronis true image backup. now none of my external HDDs are recognised, by Windows or Aome hdd manager either. USB pens are ok. hope there is a simple solution, desperately need to get this working...