Windows 10: backup failing

Discus and support backup failing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, My backup is failing ( three times) with 0x80780065. There are three backup sets \\EXTERNALDRIVE\FranksBackups\FRANKSPC\Backup Set 2015-06-01... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Frank C, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Frank C Win User

backup failing

Hi,
    My backup is failing ( three times) with 0x80780065.
    There are three backup sets
    \\EXTERNALDRIVE\FranksBackups\FRANKSPC\Backup Set 2015-06-01 070022 98,038 Files, 536 Folders
    \\EXTERNALDRIVE\FranksBackups\FRANKSPC\Backup Set 2016-01-21 181147 691 Files, 7 Folders
    \\EXTERNALDRIVE\FranksBackups\FRANKSPC\Backup Set 2016-03-04 160552 376 Files, 5 Folders
    I would like to delete all three backups and start over using the windows 7 backup and restore offered by win 10 backup.
    Is this a viable plan?
    Thanks

:)

Frank C, Mar 5, 2016
  2. alnoki12 Win User

Backup failing

Try Mobiuos/PX

Does Pc suite take a backup of SMS??

alnoki12, Mar 5, 2016
  3. al_lea Win User
    Backup failing

you can try to limit the categories of the content when backup to find the cause(e.g. only select to backup contacts.)

al_lea, Mar 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

backup failing

A better plan would be to use Macrium Reflect Free. It is more reliable and has more options than built-in Windows backup.

NavyLCDR, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

backup failing

1. backup failing - Similar Threads - backup failing

2. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.: Trying to run a backup of my C: drive. Backup program keeps complaining: “Checking the partition found errors on 1 partitions without drive letter Unknown Partition. Click '0K' to create sector by sector backup or 'Cancel' the backup.”Backup program tech support says the...
  6. Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.

Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.: Trying to run a backup of my C: drive. Backup program keeps complaining: “Checking the partition found errors on 1 partitions without drive letter Unknown Partition. Click '0K' to create sector by sector backup or 'Cancel' the backup.”Backup program tech support says the...
  7. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  8. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  9. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...