Windows 10: Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

Discus and support Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by 22878, Aug 14, 2018.

1. 22878 Win User

Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of files. I just want them overwritten, if they change, and I want to be able to specify the backup schedule. There is a free backup program called Comodo, that does everything I want, and I used it on Windows 7, but unfortunately, it doesn't work on Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do this within Windows 10 or a program that will do it?

Here are the features I want.

Backup files and folders without combining them into some sort of image restore file.
    Schedule backup time.
    Overwrite existing files if changes are made to them.
    Delete files on the backup drive if they are deleted from the main drive. (optional)
    Run a task before and after backup. (optional)

Comodo Backup really has all of these features and its free. I really wish it worked in Windows 10.

:)

22878, Aug 14, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

1. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies? - Similar Threads - Backup files without

2. file history not deleting older backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history not deleting older backups: For some reason, my file history is not deleting old backups. As a result, my drive gets full. I have to go in and manually wipe them out and start overAny suggestions appreciated?Thanks in advance...
  3. file history not deleting older backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history not deleting older backups: For some reason, my file history is not deleting old backups. As a result, my drive gets full. I have to go in and manually wipe them out and start overAny suggestions appreciated?Thanks in advance...
  4. file history not deleting older backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using copied files from the Windows backup history

Using copied files from the Windows backup history: I copied some old backup files from an old hard disk to a new hard disk and I'm having a hard time getting windows 10 to see and use them now for backups. These files are organized under a directory that has the name of my pc, the next level of the file hierarchy is "Backup...
  6. Using copied files from the Windows backup history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using copied files from the Windows backup history: I copied some old backup files from an old hard disk to a new hard disk and I'm having a hard time getting windows 10 to see and use them now for backups. These files are organized under a directory that has the name of my pc, the next level of the file hierarchy is "Backup...
  7. Using copied files from the Windows backup history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. backup, file history, and image file

backup, file history, and image file: I want to backup my entire computer to an external hard drive. I want to add new files and programs to the external drive every so often, but the drive will remain disconnected from my computer. Microsoft answers gave three different ways to do so, but after looking at the...
  9. File history, browse older files form an older backup drive

File history, browse older files form an older backup drive: Hello! I've been using file history for years, and there was a moment that the external drive was full, by that time file historysuggested to add a new drive, which I did, since I wanted to keep those old files. Since then I am using this new drive. Now I'm searching for a...
  10. Backup single file in folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...