Windows 10: backup Google Chrome browser before reinstalling Windows?

Discus and support backup Google Chrome browser before reinstalling Windows? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What bugs me about Chrome is that you can't simply copy the %appdata% chrome folder to the new Windows install. Even though you copy the Cookies... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by link626, Dec 28, 2017.

1. link626 Win User

backup Google Chrome browser before reinstalling Windows?

What bugs me about Chrome is that you can't simply copy the %appdata% chrome folder to the new Windows install.

Even though you copy the Cookies file over, websites ignore that old cookie in the new install.

So if you have a bank website you visit regularly, or a website you have customized with preferences, those are all forgotten on the new Windows install.

Is there anything that will let me backup Chrome profile entirely and allow me to move it to a new pc or windows install?

I don't want to use Google's online services to do backups. I don't like the idea of putting my passwords and stuff into the cloud.

:)

link626, Dec 28, 2017

2. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Not Opening Links in Chrome?

Hi Franchek,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that some of the link are not opening through Google Chrome.

Before proceeding, we need to know which version of Google Chrome is installed on Windows 10.

Note: As you don’t have any issues on EDGE browser, I suggest you to set the EDGE as default browser.

I suggest you to delete the browsing history/delete cookies from the Google Chrome browser. If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall the Google Chrome from the Google Chrome website and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 28, 2017
  4. tchagas Win User

I'm not mistaken, FavBackup can do what he wants. As you already use Chrome, I think you no longer need to have this whole fear of not using the service to back up in the browser itself

tchagas, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

1. backup Google Chrome browser before reinstalling Windows? - Similar Threads - backup Google Chrome

2. Reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Google Chrome: In an effort to get over problems I was experiencing following an update on Windows 11 64bit on my desktop PC i uninstalled my Google Chrome browser. Now I am finding it impossible to reinstall it Firewall turned off and I have also tried allowing the Googleupdate.exe through...
  3. Reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Google Chrome: In an effort to get over problems I was experiencing following an update on Windows 11 64bit on my desktop PC i uninstalled my Google Chrome browser. Now I am finding it impossible to reinstall it Firewall turned off and I have also tried allowing the Googleupdate.exe through...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  6. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  7. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  9. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  10. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507