Windows 10: Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install?

Discus and support Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgrade preserves OEM stuff like custom login screen wallpaper, desktop wallpaper, the OEM logo and manufacturer data in This PC properties.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Galane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Galane Win User

Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install?

Windows 10 upgrade preserves OEM stuff like custom login screen wallpaper, desktop wallpaper, the OEM logo and manufacturer data in This PC properties.

Is there a tool that will backup all of that for easy restoration after doing a clean install of 10?

I've found a ton of utilities that make it easy to change or add all this, but they don't make a backup of existing information that can easily be restored all at once. What would be real slick is bundling it all into a self extracting and installing exe.

:)

Galane, Mar 2, 2017

2. Downgrade window 10 on laptop

Did you make a backup of your system? Use it to restore.

Otherwise - clean install/factory restore using the OEM instructions.

Shenan Stanley, Mar 2, 2017
  3. johnnygal Win User
    N8 unable to install any Java apps after Anna update

Thanks moat11.

This was on a brand new phone that I upgraded straight to Anna, so didn't think a hard reset would be needed, as it was "clean" already.

Would a backup/restore bring back my apps after the reset.

Thanks.

johnnygal, Mar 2, 2017
  4. Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install?

Hi Galane

Have you experimented with exporting, within regedit, those specific keys to a file (Backing up.) Certainly not a tool but onced backed up I assume you could restore with a double click.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Galane Win User
    The Registry key is easy. If you know what to do to replace the logo and wallpaper, that's also pretty simple. I'd like to find something for people who aren't up to that level of tinkering.

Something that can be run, one button to back it all up, one button to restore.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install?

1. Backup OEM branding info to restore after clean install? - Similar Threads - Backup OEM branding

2. OEM restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM restore: Any ways to restore the OEM customazation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-restore/89792c12-c3da-4cb5-9cf9-1e729606fbb4
  3. Full backup and restore on clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full backup and restore on clean install?: I have an i9 computer which upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. Can I create a full backup image with my apps, do a Windows 11 clean install, and then restore the image? If so, any directions/information?...
  4. Full backup and restore on clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full backup and restore on clean install?: I have an i9 computer which upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. Can I create a full backup image with my apps, do a Windows 11 clean install, and then restore the image? If so, any directions/information?...
  5. OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?: I want to reinstall my device. Should I download Recovery from the Manufacturer's website OR simply from the Microsoft's site??? Which is best and why??? Performance or stability related Thnx...
  6. Restore Dovument Folder After Clean Installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Dovument Folder After Clean Installation?: Hey together, today I made a clean reinstall of my SSD with the clean command. Before that I backed up my work folder and pretty much everything I need but I completely forgot about the Sims 4 save files on the second user my girlfriend uses from time to time. Is there a way...
  7. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?

How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  8. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?

How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows 10?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  9. Windows 10 OEM Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OEM Clean Install: I currently have windows 10 home. If I were to install an OEM version of windows 10 pro, would I have to do a clean install? I've read online that you have to do a clean install if you had windows 7 or 8.1, but do you have to if you already have windows 10? tldr; Already...
  10. Clean Install then Recover Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean Install then Recover Backup?: Long story sort I kind of messed up my GPT partition table. I have backed up an image of my Boot partition only (C:\) and not any other partitions such as bootloader etc... So my question is, would I be able to start all over, re-format the drive from Win10 installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OEM partitions backup & restore windows10

2. oem logo backup

3. backup oem info win10