Windows 10: Backup/Recovery Program?

Discus and support Backup/Recovery Program? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am in of a "Free Back/Recovery Program" that is so EASY as pie to understand. I want to backup my pc and also be able to restore and all of this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by artic, Dec 24, 2015.

1. artic Win User

Backup/Recovery Program?

I am in of a "Free Back/Recovery Program" that is so EASY as pie to understand. I want to backup my pc and also be able to restore and all of this has to be easy for me to run it. I will be backing up onto my external harddrive.
    I have tried Acronis True Image and to hard to recover back my partitions and etc...

Many thanks & God Bless

:)

artic, Dec 24, 2015

2. Backup and recovery

I know this is going to sound stupid to most of u all but can someone please explain to me how to. Complete my back up and create a recovery disk on Windows 10????

MarieOtrich, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Backup and recovery

Hi Marie,

Creating a backup and recovery drive is beneficial,
    especially if you're planning to make any major changes to
    your device. To better assist you with your concern, we suggest that
    you follow the steps provided under Use File History to back up your PC by clicking the drop down arrow on this
    link to
    create a backup.

In addition, to be guided on creating a recovery drive, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Let us know if you have any other concerns that we can assist you with.

Zedrick Del, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Backup/Recovery Program?

Hello artic, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Windows own backup utilities work fine, I have just recently tested them all in Build 10586.36

Backup/Recovery Program? [​IMG]

Other members swear by the likes of Macrium and others. Perhaps one of them will chime in with a review or two.

Edwin, Dec 24, 2015
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Macrium Reflect Free is very good and goes well beyond what MS Backup can do IMHO.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 24, 2015
  6. artic Win User
    Many thanks *Smile

artic, Dec 24, 2015
  7. artic Win User
    Many Thanks*Smile

artic, Dec 24, 2015
  8. lignja8 Win User

Backup/Recovery Program?

I just created a backup on Macrium. I recommend. enjoy

lignja8, Dec 24, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    You need to restore it to prove it works for you though...

10. topgundcp Win User
    Here's a short Video clip on how to backup Windows using Macrium Reflect Free

[youtube]pCUNEwU41MU[/youtube]

topgundcp, Dec 24, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Not really thou I've never had one Macrium image backup ever fail. BUT after you make your backup, you can then have Macrium Reflect VERIFY the image backup you just made, if it passes, its just fine and will work. *Smile

OldMike65, Dec 24, 2015
  13. fdegrove Win User

Backup/Recovery Program?

Hi,

Does that ever fail? *chuckle

Did anyone mention the life saving importance of having a bootable (and verified) Macrium rescue media (cd or usb) ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 24, 2015
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    What I do is create a small 2GB partition with some data in it and check imaging/recovery with that. Granted that this is not a 100% proof that the image of my C partition is going to work. But it proves that the imaging process works in principle.

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Never failed on me....not once, and think I already said that earlier fdegrove.
    I make ALL my image backups from my bootable usb drive made from Macrium Reflect. You can make your image from your C drive, I just prefer to boot from my MR boot stick....*Wink

OldMike65, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

Backup/Recovery Program?

1. Backup/Recovery Program? - Similar Threads - Backup Recovery Program

2. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  3. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  4. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup recovery: I had to move back to an old PC with WIndows 10 from a PC with windows 10. I had a 1 week old backup that I installed on the recovery PC . When I try to open the files they all say I don't have permissions. For word and XLS files I have been able to give admin privileges....
  6. Backup and recovery

Backup and recovery: I have read many posts, and many appear to me to be dated prior to Windows 10, or locked. So I am trying to get an understanding of what is what. 1. 1. What data is on a Recovery disc CD/DVD? 2. 2. What data is on a Repair disc? 3. 3. What data is on...
  7. Backup And Recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup And Recovery: Hello, I have set up a 1TB internal hard disk space for my Backup and Recovery, Everything was fine until a few days back. Now am getting an error message as "File History Drive was Disconnected fort too Long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your...
  8. Recovery & Backup

Recovery & Backup: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with the system backup Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 ASUS T200TA ; Windows10 version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 There is no...
  9. Backup @ Recovery question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup @ Recovery question: I just upgraded W7 to W10 on my old laptop. Now I want to create a backup in case my HDD fails. 1. Create Recovery Drive (windows utility) using USB drive. 2. Run Backup and Restore (windows utility) using external HDD. One think I noticed it says "Backup and Restore...
  10. Backup/Restore/Recovery programs & routines [open topic]

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Restore/Recovery programs & routines [open topic]: Even though I am a Windows 7 license-holder/user, I have this thread with its two topics so far also in tenforums because I want to zero in on not only Windows 10 Backup/Restore operations as well as how some 3rd party B/R & R utilities specifically work with Windows 10....