Windows 10: Backup saving more than requested

Discus and support Backup saving more than requested in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have three physical hard drives on my computer. Backup is set to save things to Drive E, a physical disk different from Drive C. Despite changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RWL, Mar 11, 2018.

1. RWL
    RWL Win User

Backup saving more than requested

I have three physical hard drives on my computer. Backup is set to save things to Drive E, a physical disk different from Drive C. Despite changing the settings to include only my personal folder and Drive C, backup continues to back up physical Drive D (the box for that is UNchecked). I have tried a system repair and it still backs up the unwanted drive data. I couldn't spot anyone with a similar problem when I did a search. Anybody else seen this and know a fix or know better search terms to use to get to the fix? Running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

:)

2. New computer, New installation of windows: Backup failure.

Saving to a network drive that has well more than enough space available,

I set up the scheduled backup and in order to save the settings, I am forced to do a backup right then and there (How bizarre is that?) The process creates the folders , rings up about 8M of data then reports "The last backup did not complete successfully".
    I click on "More Information", and see a message which refuses to let me copy/paste for this question (How bizarre is that?)

"There was a failure preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set.

Details: The requested operation could not be completed due to a virtual disk limitation. Virtual Hard disk files must be uncompressed and unencrypted and must not be sparse."

EmeroGorK2, Mar 11, 2018
  3. more than Win User
    is later OS Tango update incloude smasung omina7

Hi i have Omina 7 from Samsung and i tried to update my mbile to Tango but i can't update,is OS tango update works on Omina7 i mean can i update to OS tango.

is my phone date as shown down later update fo Omina7 recentaly.

my phone data

Phone Operating System Nu: 7.10.7740.16

firmware Nu: 022211.8.5

hardware Nu:3.5.0.4

Radio Nu: 2424.11.7.2

Radio hardware Nu: 0.0.0.800

Bootloader Nu: 5.8.1.9

Zune software version - 4.8

Computer Operating System version - windows 7 32 bit

thanks

more than, Mar 11, 2018
  4. jamis Win User

Is this FileHistory or the Windows7 backup?

jamis, Mar 11, 2018
  5. RWL
    RWL Win User
    This is Windows 7 backup although I do have File History turned on too.

6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Yep - Macrium is the way to go. I tried windows backup under 8.1, I could never recover my system with one of MS backups. Don't look back "Macrium Reflect" !

storageman, Mar 12, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

As...
    I think the question is about backing up individual files and folders. It's not clear if the (optional) 'include a system image' was selected. Though your comments on looking for better alternatives are equally valid for the file backup function.

Setup Windows Backup in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup saving more than requested - Similar Threads - Backup saving more

2. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  3. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  4. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  5. Comment more than question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comment more than question: I like many others am tired of receiving the innocuous message that I am not the true Administrator of my PC and this privilege and or function is being denied Google this phrase "cmd prompt administrator windows 10" all your problems will be over, follow instruction...
  6. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  7. Bitlocker - Is it possible to save the key in more ways than one?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - Is it possible to save the key in more ways than one?: Hi, I have a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed and I'm contemplating using Bitlocker for greater safety on the two hard drives installed. One is a 128 GB SSD and the other a 1 TB SATA. I would like to know if it is possible to save the generated keys in more ways...
  8. Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium won't save more than 6 backups: Have 691 GB free on 3 TB drive, backup every night. Trying to save 7 but Macrium won't go beyond 6 no matter what I set it at. Free space requirement is set to 400 GB. Ideas? Paid version if that matters... 40371
  9. More than Windows Pro....

in Windows 10 Support
    More than Windows Pro....: hi guys, on my main machine, i have a start screen as was on Build 10240. But on the 3 others where Win 10 has been installed i get not the startscreen (when hitting the left corner) but the old fashion side menu one did one or two builds ago. Is this because...
  10. Save as .....There are no more files

in Windows 10 Support
    Save as .....There are no more files: Hello, since a couple of days when I try to save something (document or image) I get this message: "There are no more files". Doesn't matter what and where I want to save. Did not installed anything lately. Thank you. 86723