Windows 10: Backup stopped working when I upgraded

Discus and support Backup stopped working when I upgraded in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 home premium to windows 10. When the automatic backup that I had scheduled under windows 7 ran, I got an error. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Red Scharlach, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Backup stopped working when I upgraded

I just upgraded from Windows 7 home premium to windows 10. When the automatic backup that I had scheduled under windows 7 ran, I got an error. When I try to run backup manually, I get an error saying that I don't have enough space. My C drive is a 745 GB drive with only 128 used. My backup drive is one TB with 438 used and 656 free. I would think that would be enough space. It always worked under windows 7. What do I do?

:)

Red Scharlach, Jan 10, 2016
  2. CPR69 Win User

USB Ports stopped working when I upgraded to windows 10

Hi,

Same issue that no usb ports work. However it is giving power to my mouse, just no operation.

I've luckily got a keyboard that works in the old style pin slot, so i have tired both methods and all say the drivers are up to date.

All USB controllers have a yellow warning logo by them.

Regards

CPR69, Jan 10, 2016
  3. tycomike Win User
    USB Ports stopped working when I upgraded to windows 10

Nyima Yonten I'm having the same issue. You can't do this because if you read the issue. The keyboard and
    other USB ports don't work. Thanks.

tycomike, Jan 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Backup stopped working when I upgraded

I suspect that you will need to create a new backup routine in Windows 10 and it will not reuse the one set up in W7.

The backup options for Windows have changed a lot, the W7 way of doing it was removed in W8 and replaced with something called File History. Then in W10 the old W7 backup was put back in again while still keeping the File History method from W8. (In fact, File History is still the recommended Windows 10 backup method.)

philc43, Jan 10, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    Do you now how the drives are formatted? I think this can be an issue if it's FAT or FAT32- which I doubt, but wanted to make sure.

6. Molyy Win User
    Try some third-party backup utility to see if they have the same issue, like Easeus todo backup freeware. Third-party software usually support the latest version of Windows. Can't replay on Windows backup.

Molyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup stopped working when I upgraded

1. Backup stopped working when I upgraded - Similar Threads - Backup stopped working

2. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 backups stopped working: Suddenly I can't make system image or backups with Windows 7 backup and restore function in Windows 10; Acronis clone tool also fails. I get a VSS failed error, the Acronis VSS diagnostic says the MSSearch service writer, WMI writer and System writer all time out. Here's what...
  3. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 backups stopped working: Suddenly I can't make system image or backups with Windows 7 backup and restore function in Windows 10; Acronis clone tool also fails. I get a VSS failed error, the Acronis VSS diagnostic says the MSSearch service writer, WMI writer and System writer all time out. Here's what...
  4. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working: I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working. I can no longer access my emails from work and my current school. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-outlook-and-it-stopped-working/50b4ee71-de94-45a6-9974-679652ded0bd
  6. I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working: I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working. I can no longer access my emails from work and my current school. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-outlook-and-it-stopped-working/50b4ee71-de94-45a6-9974-679652ded0bd
  7. Backup stopped working

Backup stopped working: At some point backup stopped working. The latest backup was on Feb 02,21. After that I restarted backup a number of times, I uninstalled updates made in February. Also I formatted the current backup disk, tried to use another disk, also deleted...
  8. Windows Backup stopped working.

Windows Backup stopped working.: I manually back up my Laptop using Windows Backup with a system image. Last week the Backup stopped working with Error Code: 0x8078012D, research suggested using CHKDSK which didn't help. Also during Backup I get a warning in the Event Log ("IO operation . was retried"). This...
  9. Windows 10 backup stopped working

Windows 10 backup stopped working: I have been using the Windows 10 backup successfully for a couple of years and it saved my life once by recovering data after a severe crash. The last backup was on 7/22/18. I have tried several times on 7/25 and 7/26 to start backup manually and it seems to start normally...
  10. Windows backup and recovery stopped working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows backup and recovery stopped working: My last image backup was 3 weeks ago. I tried to run backup and recovery to do it again only was met with error about 5 seconds after starting the backup: Error is The device is not ready Error code: 0x80070015 Event logger showed a couple of CAPI2 errors right before...