Windows 10: Backup/System Image options keep failing

Discus and support Backup/System Image options keep failing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Having some trouble trying to create a system image of my system as I'm getting a "Server execution failed (0x80080005)." error that whatever I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DrakonixS, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DrakonixS Win User

Backup/System Image options keep failing

Having some trouble trying to create a system image of my system as I'm getting a "Server execution failed (0x80080005)." error that whatever I try just seems to remain unaffected.

I've tried sfc /scannow to resolve issues, checked permissions, but I'm getting nowhere fast, all I want to do is create a system image, yet the Windows 10 upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate seems to be having none of it.

I've checked that the backup services are all ok, everything is fine but Block Level Backup Engine always reports Error 0x800700b7, I deleted the SR entry that existed, but to no avail, can someone please point me in the right direction as I've been having nothing but problems trying to backup my system with the included tools.

Many thanks and appreciation to anyone that can help.

:)

DrakonixS, Apr 20, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windwos 10 backup and restore, why windwos 7?

It is true that the Windwos 10 Reset does fail sometimes . ..

There are only the 2 backup options in Windows

Backup and Restore (windows 7)

This lets you backup folders or you can also include a system image

File History

This is simply for keeping previous versions of your personal files

To create a bootable copy of Windows 10, your best option is to create one with the Media Creation Tool and keep it safe for when you need it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...

DaveM121, Apr 20, 2017
  3. CorneyXE Win User
    Failing to Create System Image backup

I have 2 tb I was going to use them on two PCs both running win10. How I used CHKDSK on the both of them and this is what I get:

The type of the file system is exFAT.

The volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk

might report errors when no corruption is present.

Volume Serial Number is BA84-6973

Windows is verifying files and folders...

Volume label is colinRecove.

Windows found errors on the disk, but will not fix them

because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.

Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.

File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has checked the file system and found problems.

Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

1022957568 KB total disk space.

167160832 KB in 5 files.

768 KB in 3 indexes.

0 KB in bad sectors.

768 KB in use by the system.

855795200 KB available on disk.

262144 bytes in each allocation unit.

3995928 total allocation units on disk.

3342950 allocation units available on disk.

I had tried to backup and for all the times I have done it. I've set my computer not to sleep at all and all I am do get is the error "Insert disk bigger than 1GB" Now this happens with 3 to 4 minutes after i restart the backup. Now I am going to use us
    CHKDSK /f

F:\>chkdsk /f

The type of the file system is exFAT.

Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another

process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first.

ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID.

Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N) y

Volume dismounted. All opened handles to this volume are now invalid.

Volume Serial Number is BA84-6973

Windows is verifying files and folders...

Volume label is colinRecove.

Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.

File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.

No further action is required.

1022957568 KB total disk space.

167300096 KB in 6 files.

1024 KB in 4 indexes.

0 KB in bad sectors.

768 KB in use by the system.

855655680 KB available on disk.

262144 bytes in each allocation unit.

3995928 total allocation units on disk.

3342405 allocation units available on disk.

F:\>

I managed to use fix them but the problem persists.

CorneyXE, Apr 20, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows backup is not that reliable. Install and use Macrium Reflect Free - far superior.

cereberus, Apr 20, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi DrakonixS and welcome to Tenforums.
    I agree with cereberus - Windows Backup is unreliable. Macrium Reflect Free is the way to go.
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect - Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup/System Image options keep failing - Similar Threads - Backup System Image

2. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...
  3. Control Panel System image backup keeps on failing

Control Panel System image backup keeps on failing: I didnt wanna download softwares to backup my files since most of them are always behind a paywall so i used System Image in the control panel, only one problem though, it keeps failing, it says:"There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the...
  4. Control Panel System image backup keeps on failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel System image backup keeps on failing: I didnt wanna download softwares to backup my files since most of them are always behind a paywall so i used System Image in the control panel, only one problem though, it keeps failing, it says:"There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the...
  5. Control Panel System image backup keeps on failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. backup and restore system image fails

backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  7. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  8. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  9. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  10. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve corruption was found while examining volume bitmap