Windows 10: Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week

Discus and support Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 built-in backup settings, I set it to do automatic system backups to my WD MyCloud network drive. The backup works for about a week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dahai8, Oct 31, 2016.

1. dahai8 Win User

Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week

Using Windows 10 built-in backup settings, I set it to do automatic system backups to my WD MyCloud network drive.
    The backup works for about a week and then I get error messages "Your History File Drive was Disconnected..." and it will never reconnect to that drive again through Windows Backup Settings.
    The Network Drive has 1.5TB Free.
    I can access that share all the time, without any problems in File Explorer using exactly the same share name as I set in Windows Backup, but Windows Backup says "Disconnected" in File History Advanced Settings.
    I've done this twice now: Set the automatic backup to run to the Network Drive. And it runs successfully for about a week. After that it can no longer connect to that drive. And like I said, I Never have problems accessing that drive/share in File Explorer - even when Windows Backup says it cannot.
    Any ideas/suggestions on where to look or what to try to get this working permanently???
    Thanks.

:)

dahai8, Oct 31, 2016
  2. bgolab Win User

Nokia C5-00 / Clock problems - showing wrong time

Summarizing my tests using sw ver: 071.005:

1. Time sync from network = ON

Result: FAILED (the clock *suddenly* changed its time, 2 cases within 1 week)

2. Time sync from network = OFF

Result: FAILED (the clock *suddenly* changed its time, 1 case, decided to run test#3)

3. After hw reset (*#7370#). New phone setting (old settings were NOT stored in the backup)

Result: UNKNOWN yet (waiting since Oct 11...)

Bogdan

bgolab, Oct 31, 2016
  3. JohnTate2 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709 forgets Drive Mappings internittently.

I've seen several posts similar on this forum but none quite relate to my problem.

I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) and have a Seagate Personal Cloud mirrored 3 TB drive attached via a local network. I have set up mappings to the drives as Y and Z drives for backups and set the "Reconnect at Logon" to YES. However, after a week
    or two or some other indeterminate time, the drive mappings are forgotten by Windows. I get a red "X" against the drive letters for both Y and Z drives. If I click on the drive letter, it magically seems to reconnect. If I don't reconnect by clicking on
    the drive letters, the Seagate Backup software fails and I end up having my backups stuffed up. This is very frustrating.

JohnTate2, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week

1. Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week - Similar Threads - Backup Network Drive

2. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  3. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  4. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Network Backup fails: I have a WD Home network drive with several shares created on it. One of these shares is called Backup. When I try to assign that drive as my network backup drive Windows tells me it cannot be used as a backup device because The specified network location cannot be used It...
  5. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Network Backup fails: I have a WD Home network drive with several shares created on it. One of these shares is called Backup. When I try to assign that drive as my network backup drive Windows tells me it cannot be used as a backup device because The specified network location cannot be used It...
  6. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows image backup on network drive fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows image backup on network drive fails: I thought I was a well versed person, so I set up a drive with a folder called Client Computer Backup. From another machine, I tried to set up a system image backup to that shared folder. First, I added a user account called Backup. I have the "requiring a password" option...
  8. Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?: Hello, I have a folder on my D Drive. And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive. How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week? Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week. 134434
  9. Best USB drive for weekly backups?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best USB drive for weekly backups?: I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb capacity, here are a couple i found. I have no idea what i should be looking for in USB sticks. Does anyone have experience and could...
  10. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f