Windows 10: Backup using File History

Discus and support Backup using File History in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lpatrick, Aug 29, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

Backup using File History

Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups?

:)

lpatrick, Aug 29, 2016

2. Backup using file history

Thanks, the backup is proceeding without any apparent problems - apart from being slow. The support I received is appreciated.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Backup using file history

Hi Doug,

There are limited options when using backup and restore. We suggest that you create a full backup using Windows 10 system image tool, you need to connect external storage with enough available space. See steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
    • Under Where do you want to save the backup?, select the
      On a hard disk
      option.
    • Using the "On a hard disk" drop-down menu, select the storage to save the backup.
    • Click the Start backup button.

Note: Once you completed the steps, the wizard will proceed to create a full backup of your system, including everything that is stored on the main drive, as well as the system reserved partition.

Robelene Win, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

You set the backup frequency at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\File History\Advanced Settings

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Backup using File History - Similar Threads - Backup using File

2. Use File History for backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use File History for backup: Hello everyone, I had some problems with my windows 10 computer. The manufacturer support asked me to reset my computer and to reinstall windows on it. That is what I did but before deleting every bit of data I had on my computer, I did a backup to restore my files after...
  3. I use File history for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I use File history for backup: To a drive on my LAN, if my computer crashes how do I get my files back to my new computer? V2004 B19041.685 171493
  4. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: For the first time in a long time, I cannot backup my files. I have Windows 10. I am using Backup using File History. In the Overview, it states 0 bytes on my external hard drive even though this is not true. Total space is 1.81 TB. I have tried "stop using the drive" and...
  5. Backup Using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup Using File History: I wanted to clean up my backup hdd and I deleted the folder File History. Now, if I say Backup Now in Backup Using File History, it says last backup …, it goes for 1 second and returns to cancel. How can I get Backup Using File History to work again without reinstalling...
  6. Windows backup using File History

Windows backup using File History: The backup function does not appear to be working as it should. As can be seen in the screen shot, the last backup was on May 8th and today is May 19th. The utility is set to backup daily and keep files for one month. Question: Why is it not backing up daily? [ATTACH] I...
  7. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  8. Files skipped in Backup using File History

Files skipped in Backup using File History: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  9. backup using file history problem :(

backup using file history problem :(: Hi guys ... i just cannot backup using FileHistory on my windows 10 ... I realized yesterday that the volume of my drives going to over. volume of my last backup was 400GB... then i deleted backup file on my drive ... after that the backup button get gray and i cannot...
  10. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...