Windows 10: Backup Will Not Run

Discus and support Backup Will Not Run in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Group! I get an error saying there are errors on my destination drive (64gb thumb drive); then when I click on the notice to fix it, it runs the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cburg, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Cburg Win User

Backup Will Not Run

Hi Group!
    I get an error saying there are errors on my destination drive (64gb thumb drive); then when I click on the notice to fix it, it runs the program and says no errors found!
    Thanks!
    Mike
    *Huh

:)

Cburg, Sep 21, 2015

2. Can not run Backup and Restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Follow the below link as reference and check if I helps:

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Can not run Backup and Restore

I can not run Backup and Restore the option to select (CBackup Will Not Run :) (System) is grayed out. What can I do correct this?

Pittsburghbuz, Sep 21, 2015
  4. SgtPepper Win User

Backup Will Not Run

Do an F8 on start-up and select the top selection in the list where you keep your files but you wipe the system files and restore to the original version of Windows, which will still be Windows 10. It will wipe out all the unnecessary bs and get you to a wiped hard drive with your files and the Windows 10 will work better. I had to do it twice in about 3 hours because I didn't download the proper Broadcom.com Bluetooth files and had to do a search for the proper Windows 10 Broadcom Bluetooth program but it's out there and I found it. Windows 10 will work much better when you get through and you will still have all your docs, pics and music, etc. *cake

Oops, sorry! You are using 8.

SgtPepper, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Cburg Win User
    Hi Pepper,
    No; I am using Win 10.
    Thanks!

Cburg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup Will Not Run

1. Backup Will Not Run - Similar Threads - Backup Run

2. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.: Hi all,I'm currently running Windows 7 backup daily on one of our PCs to back up data generated by a vendor software package. The vendor has informed me that if the backup runs while the software is open, it could cause issues with the software's access database. I have the...
  3. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.: Hi all,I'm currently running Windows 7 backup daily on one of our PCs to back up data generated by a vendor software package. The vendor has informed me that if the backup runs while the software is open, it could cause issues with the software's access database. I have the...
  4. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Running backup successfully with win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  6. Running backup successfully with win11

Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  7. How do I fix MARS backup to Azure from hanging forever when running from the windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix MARS backup to Azure from hanging forever when running from the windows 10...: I'm using the Microsoft Azure Backup MARS agent to backup on premise Windows servers and laptops. It works fine on my server. On the Windows 10 laptops, the scheduled job hangs forever. I found a discussion about this on:...
  8. How do I fix MARS backup to Azure from hanging forever when running from the windows 10...

How do I fix MARS backup to Azure from hanging forever when running from the windows 10...: I'm using the Microsoft Azure Backup MARS agent to backup on premise Windows servers and laptops. It works fine on my server. On the Windows 10 laptops, the scheduled job hangs forever. I found a discussion about this on:...
  9. How do I fix MARS backup to Azure from hanging forever when running from the windows 10...

10. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?: Sorry the below is a bit long winded but I wanted to include all steps that I actioned…Laptop purchased with W11 and created W11 updated backup image to internal and external drives.Downgraded from W11 to W10 and created W10 updated backup image to internal and external...