Windows 10: Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC

Discus and support Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have install windows 10 on a previous PC, which contain some game saves. I just install Windows 10 to a new PC, and would like to import my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by madmax2, Dec 1, 2016.

1. madmax2 Win User

Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC

I have install windows 10 on a previous PC, which contain some game saves.

I just install Windows 10 to a new PC, and would like to import my previous game saves and app settings..

So is there anyway to backup the game saves and app settings of Window Store apps/games to export to another PC?

:)

madmax2, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Murús Win User

Export/Save Text messages from a Nokia/MS phone

Hi,

To export the text messages, you will have to install the app "Contacts + Message backup" from the store and you'll be able to export the text messages to your SD card. Please note after installing the app, you have to go to settings > select Contacts +
    message backup to export. (You won't find this app in All apps list since this is a settings app). The exported XML file will be saved in backup + restore folder in SD card.

App link

Hope this helps.

Murús, Dec 1, 2016
  3. App Data

Hi Joelabraham,

I'm sorry, but it's hard to answer this one without any specific information. Are you switching to the Lumia from another Windows Phone 8/8.1 or from another platform?

You can use the
    backup
    and
    restore
    features to restore apps, settings, text messages, and photos and videos. It will not backup and store app data, if you are trying save game settings, you will need to contact the vendor of that game and see if they have a way of saving game information
    to OneDrive.

Christopher Miller, Dec 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 1, 2016
  5. madmax2 Win User
    madmax2, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    As far as I've seen one has to log into the Store using their Microsoft Account on each computer they have to get the programs. Maybe after games are installed there is a way to save data but I've not seen it yet with the few I've tried.

Berton, Dec 2, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC [​IMG]

From the tutorial that looks relevant. How effective it is, I can't say, I'm afraid.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC - Similar Threads - Backup Window Store

2. Microsoft Store Game Saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Game Saves: I mostly play 'The Tribez', and 'Trade Island'. I was having many problems with games not updating, and apps not installing with the Microsoft Store. The dreaded 0x80073D05 error had overtaken almost all my apps. So I decided to start over fresh by restoring my...
  3. microsoft store game backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft store game backup: Hi i am trying to take backup for 1 file from windows apps where my game files are stored.. windows dosent allow this tho and i dont have acces to cahnge permissions either what to do i just want to copy or rename this .dll file...
  4. Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?: Forza Horizon 4 took ages to download, and my connection is TERRIBLE (like 3 mb/s terrible) and our monthly data cap isn't very high as it is, so I'd either have to back this game up somehow, or just not redownload it again any time soon. Anyway, is it possible to backup...
  5. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  6. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  7. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

Transfering Windows Store games to another PC: So, I've downloaded a bunch of games from my account to my notebook (a friend of mine has a pretty fast internet, so I went there with the notebook to download) and wanted to copy the files to my PC, but I'm tied up in the windowsapps folder permission shenanigans. I've...
  8. Windows Store Apps on another harddrive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Apps on another harddrive: The other day I bought the Xbox Game Pass, downloaded the Forza Horizon 4, but because there is not enough storage on my C drive, I couldn't install it on my J drive. The game does not start so. I also downloaded the Sea Of Thieves game, which if I put it on the C...
  9. Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version): Hi, I've been using the app version of OneNote coming with Windows 10 for some time now. It used to sync fine with OneDrive allowing me to work from different devices. I was using an Office365 login which has been changed (at my request) and now OneNote can't sync any more...
  10. Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?: Games like Forza Horizon 4 take more than 3 days to download. I tried installing it on another drive besides the Windows disk, but when I switched computers, it just started downloading it all over again. Fortunately this is the only game I bought from Windows Store, but...