Windows 10: Backups in Windows 10

Discus and support Backups in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I try and set up the backup process in my new Windows 10 installation I get the following message at the point where it should be accepting what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ve1drg, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ve1drg Win User

Backups in Windows 10

When I try and set up the backup process in my new Windows 10 installation I get the following message at the point where it should be accepting what I just said - where the drive is located etc. . etc..

Windows says this: "..task image is corrupt or has been tampered with: 0x80041321.."

How do I get around this or to fix this..

:)

ve1drg, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Yeti92 Win User

Backups in W 10

This error happens if the File is not existent, but the Backup searches for it. This siutation can happen if for exaple the user profile is not used interactively for eg. a background service or not used at all (user profiles from migration or setup) where
    directories/structures like Searches and Contacts never habe been used. As the file does not exist it can't be backed up. You have to check wether the file sould not exist of if this is a sign of data corruption. If the user account where this happens is not
    used /conatins no data you might consider delting the profile.

Yeti92, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Backups in W 10

I do not have a lot of knowledge about computers and I like somebody to help:

When doing a backup, I get something like this:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\vialr\Searches. ErrorBackups in Windows 10 :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

It seems that this line was not processed and left out because a file was not found. However, if a new backup is performed the same problem is presented.

So, How do I get rid of this problem?

Hellllpppppppp

Thank you.

VirgilioAlvarez01442, Sep 5, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Backups in Windows 10

Hi ve1drg and welcome to TenForums.

I would first install Macrium Reflect Free and make an "image" of your entire hard drive, and then the recovery media.

Once that is completed, open an administrative command prompt and run sfc /scannow. This will tell you if you have any integrity violations in your system files. If you find that some errors are reported and fixed, you might try running the Windows Backup process again. However, you may just want to stick with Macrium Reflect for your system images, and turn on File History for your files backup.

simrick, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Backups in Windows 10

1. Backups in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backups

2. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  3. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  4. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  5. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  6. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  7. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  8. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  9. Onedrive sync and backup

Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  10. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing