Windows 10: backups

Discus and support backups in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I changed the name of my laptop to sister58, but when i perform a backup it backs up to deanie57. When I restore my files will I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by deanie44, May 29, 2016.

1. deanie44 Win User

backups

Hi everyone. I changed the name of my laptop to sister58, but when i perform a backup it backs up to deanie57. When I restore my files will I have a problem? I would like to have the backups to be label sister58. Is this possible? Any assistance will be appreciated.

:)

deanie44, May 29, 2016

2. Pausing Backups; Backups by date

Macrium Reflect does have a very good Pause button available.

I've even Paused, hibernated my Windows, re-awakened everything the next day; unPaused, and the backup continued.

rjmlstoller, May 29, 2016
  3. FLProd Win User
    Pausing Backups; Backups by date

Giviing Macrium a try. Thanks!

FLProd, May 29, 2016
  4. backups

What program do you use for making back ups ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 29, 2016
  5. deanie44 Win User
    Hi COMPUTIAC. I use Windows 7 backup and restore.

deanie44, May 29, 2016
  6. Where do you save the back ups to ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 29, 2016
  7. deanie44 Win User
    Hi COMPUTIAC. Sorry for taking so long to answer, but life got in the way. I use an external hard drive that is attached to my laptop via usb.

This PC > BACKUPS(Gbackups :)

deanie44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

backups

1. backups - Similar Threads - backups

2. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  3. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  4. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  5. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  6. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  7. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  8. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  9. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  10. Onedrive sync and backup

Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...