Windows 10: bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update

Discus and support bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello guys,not sure if this is the right category to post in, but i am having an issue with my graphics on my pc,and this happend somewhere after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazzn, Jan 2, 2018.

1. tazzn Win User

bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update

hello guys,not sure if this is the right category to post in, but i am having an issue with my graphics on my pc,and this happend somewhere after a windows 10 update/intel graphics driver update, the colour in my windows is absolutely garbage, bright colours tend to blend into a single overbright colour, things that are moving looks really jagged and stuff in the ''background'' while watching a movie for example gets blurred out and sort of blend into a single blurry colour, when i play overwatch i cant even focus on what im looking at, because when i move or something im watching is moving the contours around the edges of the character or the enviroment is flickering tremendusly, i have tried to root out the problem myself for a while now, things i have tried include:

reinstalling display driver (uninstalling with DDU and installing with clean installation)
    reinstalling windows 10 completly
    updating bios and all drivers for the motherboard
    downloading ICC profiles for my monitor, and tried monitor calibrations aswell
    set all power options to high performance in both windows and nvidia control panel
    tried the graphics card in my friends pc(worked fine)
    i tried his graphics card in my pc and the problem was still there so i dont think its the graphics card
    i tried a different PSU aswell as other motherboard and processor and harddrive, didnt help
    i have tried 3 different monitors and 2 different dvi cables, 1 hdmi cable, problem persists on all of them
    disabled onboard gpu in bios and setting discrete to primary
    tried different themes in windows and messing with screen settings
    trying different builds of windows

i even bought a new motherboard and case because i thought the motherboard was the problem first, but the issue persisted so im almost 90% sure its some software related issue or something, i havent been able to play any games for over a month now, so im willing to pay anyone who can fix this issue for me, i will link some pictures for reference:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    (all pictures but the first one) if you need any more information, just tell me and i will try to provide it for you, i will list my specs below

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Vengeance

Fractal Define S

Intel Core i5 7600K 3.8 GHz 6MB

be quiet! Pure Rock Slim

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DUAL OC

EVGA GQ 650W

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H-gaming

monitor is ASUS VG248QE

really appreciate any help i can getbad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update :)

:)

tazzn, Jan 2, 2018

2. Upgraded to windows 10, huge decrease in graphics.

After upgrading to windows 10 I immediately noticed a huge decrease in the quality of my graphics. Colors are not showing up properly and several graphics are showing up as pixelated and blurry. I updated all of my drivers and all of my settings look fine.
    I don't understand what would effect this. I also have noticed that I am still running directx 11.2 and did not receive 12 with my upgrade. I have an intel i7-4790k 4.0ghz cpu and AMD Radeon 6900 gfx card. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have
    an idea of how I could fix it?

This picture shows the blurriness and odd looking colors. This is with all graphics settings set on high.

bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update [​IMG]

EDIT: It's ok I am just going to revert to windows 7 and wait for them to fix this trash heap that is windows 10 bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update :D

Asunversee, Jan 2, 2018
  3. JollyOneH Win User
    after update, color if OFF and very BLURRY...

ok folks...after latest update which is done automatically on Windows 10 now...the color is OFF and very BLURRY ...what can be done???

JollyOneH, Jan 2, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

- were the drivers the same version?

- suggests you might just want to roll that back and block it for now..

Have a look at your Update History and see if you can correlate updates with what you've observed.

Sometimes a few people find they need to use older drivers (esp. graphics), not the latest.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Jan 2, 2018
  6. tazzn Win User

tazzn, Jan 2, 2018
  7. tazzn Win User
    i downloaded the file and ran it, cmd prompt starts and some red text appears for a millisecond that it shuts down and nothing more happens, am i doing something wrong here

tazzn, Jan 2, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) Run the regular DM log collector > post zip into the thread
    6) Run log collector v2-beta06.zip again > post into the thread
    7) If none of the 2 logs collectors collect the logs then open administrative command prompt and paste:

Code: md "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hotfix.txt" qfe list full /format:table&copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\services.txt"&sc query type= driver state= all > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\driver_status.txt"&sc query type= service state= inactive > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\inactive_services_status.txt"&sc query type= service state= all > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\all_services_status.txt"&REM wmic service list full /format:htable >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\service.html&REM wmic /output:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\CollectedFiles\nics.html nicconfig list /format:hform[/quote]

zbook, Jan 2, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    What happens in Safe Mode?

dalchina, Jan 2, 2018
  10. tazzn Win User
    i havent really thought about safe mode, i have only been in safemode like 2 times, and those 2 times i was using DDU to uninstall the graphic driver, i will check soon and come back with an update if the issue is in safemode aswell

tazzn, Jan 3, 2018
  11. tazzn Win User
    [/quote] DESKTOP-84TLFDM-2018-01-03_232635,81.zip hope i got it right

tazzn, Jan 3, 2018
  12. tazzn Win User
    [/quote] Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 218880 file records processed.File verification completed. 6496 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 297360 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 39241 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 35666112 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 976181247 KB total disk space. 69466044 KB in 145779 files. 116000 KB in 39242 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 351051 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 906248152 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 244045311 total allocation units on disk. 226562038 allocation units available on disk.C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.10586.0Image Version: 10.0.10586.0[==========================100.0%==========================]The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\Windows\system32>

tazzn, Jan 3, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

There was OS corruption that was not able to be fixed by scannow.
    The restorehealth worked.

Open administrative command prompt and type: sfc /scannow
    Post the results into the thread.

zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    The logs indicated that there is piracy.
    There is software that diverts the activation of Windows.
    The website has strict rules about piracy.
    If you remove the pirated software you can get support.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

Post a share link into the thread.

See Rule 4
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  15. tazzn Win User
    CBS.log Processing...x the result file is larger than 2mb which is the max file size for posting on this forum apperently, should i just copy everything and post it?

tazzn, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. bad/blurry color/graphics quality after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - bad blurry color

2. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  3. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  4. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall: I had a decent external microphone that I could connect either via usb or 3.5mm jack with decent quality until I did a repair install. Now the quality is pretty bad. How do I fix that?...
  6. Bad sound quality after 2004 update

Bad sound quality after 2004 update: I updated my windows to 2004 a few days ago because they force me to update, previously I was using 1903. I have Logitech speakers and I noticed that the sound produced by my speakers got bad after updating to 2004. Does this have something to do with the drivers? 165358
  7. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  8. Mic quality bad after update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic quality bad after update 1903: So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I have tried multiple methods even updating drivers and installing and uninstalling drivers but nothing is working. Maybe...
  9. Bad microphone quality

Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....
  10. Bad sound quality after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad sound quality after upgrading to windows 10: Ive just taken a free windows 10 upgrade but after that I seem to be getting a poor sound quality as my laptop is connected to an external active speaker through the headphone jack and it has been working perfect before. I have a Toshiba laptop p.c with processor AMD A4-6210...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 update gpu pixelated screen

2. my game is blurry after updating graphics

3. blurry windows after update dell graphics driver

4. blurry windows after graphics driver update