Windows 10: bad hard drive

Discus and support bad hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; They do make external ssd backup drives if you really wanted one. Prices vary Samsung I have seen a lot of them. So you can buy an SSD external backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Oct 15, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

bad hard drive

They do make external ssd backup drives if you really wanted one. Prices vary Samsung I have seen a lot of them. So you can buy an SSD external backup drive if the price don't brother you. Just thought I'd let ya know.

OldMike65, Oct 16, 2015

2. well i guess i will have to stick with getting another western digital my book external usb drive as a backup drive.

Matt Siegel, Oct 17, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    An SSD or even smaller HDD for OS would take a lot of load off the other disk with only data on it, make it used much less an so prolong it's life.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2015
  4. bad hard drive

well according to the level 2 tech manager i dealt with on the phone the drive they are sending me is made for longer life anways because it is a enterprise drive as in a business setting type drive and as such its built a bit tougher and is a bit more durable and is meant to last longer which is fine with me as i told the guy i talked to because i usually keep my computer on all the time.

5. CountMike New Member
    Ok, they are a bit slower than Black drives but of better quality. You're getting good deal because they are more expensive.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2015
  6. actually i believe it is a black drive.

7. damocles Win User
    Unfortunately SSD's fail too, had one do that recently ( only 3 years old ( can't RMA as I took it apart to see if there was a loose connection inside ) - the only problem with a failed SSD is that you will turn it on and nothing, at least with a mechanical drive you have warning signs.

damocles, Oct 17, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

bad hard drive

Don't know which brand you had for your SSD but Intel SSD do have a app that monitors the condition of its SSD and you can view it anytime. That will give you an idea of whats going on.

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  9. damocles Win User
    It was an OCZ drive, it has been binned so cannot tell you which one. Intel might be better, but, they will all fail in the end like all drives. *Sad

damocles, Oct 18, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup nothing last forever, except taxes....lol

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

bad hard drive

1. bad hard drive - Similar Threads - bad hard drive

2. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  3. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  4. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad Hard Drive

Bad Hard Drive: I have a dell desktop that is faulty and wonder if I should replace the hdd, I have a new one and usb loading stick.Is it all as easy as plugging both in and letting it reinstall.It has been hard to transfer files off the c drive due to an occurrance constantly of c drive at...
  6. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  7. HP Desktop Hard Drive Bad, Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Desktop Hard Drive Bad, Change: Hello Community; I have an HP Compaq Desktop with OS of Windows 10 Home. The hard drive DIED, I contacted the place of purchase, found out my hardware is guaranteed for one year, so I am covered. The seller is replacing with a new Hard Drive with windows 10 home,...
  8. Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Hard drive, Maybe?: My Asus all in one desktop will not boot up and I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and put it on a DVD. It will only go to the blue window page and no further. Is this what happens when the hard drive goes out?...
  9. Bad hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bad hard drive: The hard drive in my computer died. I have four other computers with windows 10 and I guess each one has a different account. This account is the account for the bad computer I believe. How do I get windows ten back on the computer with the new hard drive without purchasing...
  10. External hard drive bad

External hard drive bad: Good evening, Dear Sir, I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and I found that it has bad and bugs. What do I have to do to fix this problem? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...