Windows 10: bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703

Discus and support bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; bad image error nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains error. I tried already installing VC++ 2010,2012,2013,2015 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tanmayupadhyay, Jul 7, 2018.

1. bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703

bad image error

nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains error.

I tried already installing VC++ 2010,2012,2013,2015 and even 2017. I ran scan in command prompt as admin found some corrupt files that can't be fixed. I'm at version 1803 . I no longer have option to go back to 1703/1709 versions . I have reset the system as well twice. no use..... error still persists...its interfering with every application on the system

is there a fix? Please help

:)

tanmayupadhyay, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Camera Win User

Bad Image Errors - dll files changing to 0 bytes

Hi
    Have an unusual problem (to me anyway)

Last week I got "Bad Image" errors with Adobe Lightroom (the program had worked OK previously). Two .dll files were listed as corrupt and in Explorer both were shown has having 0 bytes size. Re-installation resolved the problem.
    Today I have had the same "bad image" error with another program. Techsmith SnagIt. Once again it was .dll files and they show in explorer as 0 bytes. The timestamp on the 0 byte dlls is the time of the error i.e. today (not when the files were installed).

What I've done so far :
    Ran McAfee viruscan across all disks - no problems reported.
    Ran Malwarebytes - no problems reported

Went to the properties for the disk drive and under "Tools" ran error check - nothing found
    The disk is an SSD so I went to Samsung Magician which shows drive condition as good and S.M.A.R.T. shows wear levelling count at Current Value 99. I do not use Rapid Mode.

The problems are happening on a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Any suggestions welcome

Dave

Camera, Jul 7, 2018
  3. [Solved] USP10.dll Bad Image Error

I've been getting USP10.dll errors for the past month since after a Windows 10 update back on the 14th of June. I've tried everything from:

• Full clean Windows 10 Install with the wipe hard disk option.
    • I've tried "sfc /scannow" in command prompt as an Administrator. I've even created the folders "C:/Windows/WinSxS/Temp/PendingDeletes" and "C:/Windows/WinSxS/Temp/PendingRenames". Even tried it on Safe Mode. As mentioned on another forum page here. It throws
      an error after 50% is done. post
    • I've also tried "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" in the command prompt and it throws an error that the file or directory is corrupted after a certain percent. My hard disk can't be damaged since I've only had this PC like half a year
      brand new now. post
    • I've tried a full scan disk check.
    • I've even tried System Restore point before a full Windows 10 install but the restore points are corrupted. I think it was the Linux Subsystem for Windows but I could be wrong.
    • I've sent multiple feedback on the error report and got no reply yet.

So far this dll effects the following programs with bad image errors:

• Flash Player - Installer version for Opera browser. It seems to work after installing even though the error occurred during installation.
    • GIMP - Image software. Can't start the program.
    • LibreOffice - Free office software. Can't start the program.
    • Opera - Browser. The portable install works but not the proper install. I'm not able to assign links to open with that browser due to it being a portable install.
    Other program problems are:

• Node.js - The installer returns an error code but I can't verify if it's caused by the dll since the error message is different.
    • Visual Studio Code - Can't run Node debugger and it's throwing some type script error.

On one page I've read I can replace the dll file with one from another computer but this is the only one with Windows 10 I have. I'd prefer a clean 100% safe clean source if possible from a Microsoft trust domain since I've read installing dll from web can
    cause issue without using the proper installers for them.

I've ran AVG, Avast and Malwarebytes free anti virus and no infections found. I did catch some malware time before the dll error occurred which I cleaned off my system successfully. Everything was fine for a short while. It's unknown how I got it since I
    had anti virus running and I scan stuff before running them.

This is the last place for me to post. I don't know what else to do except wipe all the hard disk partitions 100% and install Linux.

FURRY_NOVA, Jul 7, 2018
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703

1. bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703 - Similar Threads - bad image error

2. vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error: I keep getting this error, it's really annoying. I've been trying to fix it by uninstalling Visual Studio 2015 and 2017, then reinstalling them, as I've seen in other answers, but every time I install Visual Studio 2017x86 the 2015 ones disappear from Control Panel. The other...
  3. vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error: I keep getting this error, it's really annoying. I've been trying to fix it by uninstalling Visual Studio 2015 and 2017, then reinstalling them, as I've seen in other answers, but every time I install Visual Studio 2017x86 the 2015 ones disappear from Control Panel. The other...
  4. Bad Image Error on CONCRT140.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Image Error on CONCRT140.dll: I've been trying to open some of my Adobe Creative Cloud Apps Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects but I keep getting a Bad Image Error whenever I do. The error itself however says that it is CONCRT140.dll that's acting up. After looking for answers online, I tried...
  5. Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error: I recently updated to the latest version - windows 10 1809 - and now this is the message I get when I try to open the third party softwares I had(about 10 of 'em) ; Windows Warning: Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll not designed to run on Windows. ... C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll...
  6. Bad image and .dll errors

Bad image and .dll errors: I keep getting bad image, dll errors, and I'm unable to download anything. Originally I thought this was because of an update so I used the fresh start ability to restart everything and I still get the same errors. Could anybody help diagnose my problem?...
  7. Should I roll-back to 1803?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I roll-back to 1803?: I recently updated my Windows Laptop to 1809 but did not lose any data. Should I keep 1809 or should I go back to 1803, in case there is any risk to my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-roll-back-to-1803/e185433c-2d28-4141-b52d-6f5804913f7b
  8. windows 10 updated to 1803 but on network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to...

windows 10 updated to 1803 but on network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to...: network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to update to 1803 as solutions to networking are there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-updated-to-1803-but-on-network-issues-i/2d85cfd9-1dec-4b10-8992-e37c6a6decde
  9. roll back option

roll back option: ok if i log in my microsoft account on my windows 10 pc will it let me go back and i go to advance startup and press previous windows even though i delted my previous windows installation on my disk cleanup, also another question if i download windows 8.1 iso file and go back...
  10. No option to roll back to Win 7

No option to roll back to Win 7: When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old, the image shows as the attached. I'm not super good at computer stuff, but I usually struggle through. Any suggestions as to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mta sa bad image nvldumd.dll