Windows 10: Bad Phone Update FYI

Discus and support Bad Phone Update FYI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm posting this here because it's hardware related. If not feel free to move it to the proper forum. This a FYI for anyone who may have a bad update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Bad Phone Update FYI

I'm posting this here because it's hardware related. If not feel free to move it to the proper forum. This a FYI for anyone who may have a bad update to their phone and the Windows Device Recovery will not reboot their phone when downgrading. I was playing around with my Lumia 640XL and decided to try the Insider fast build one more time. After the upgrade I had the same problem that I had when the upgrade first came out. The no keypad so I couldn't enter my pin. I decided OK I'll reset with the Windows Device Recovery Tool. I tried 6 or seven times but when I got to the screen were my phone would say Goodbye it would freeze and Device Recovery Tool would error out. Thinking I killed my phone and would have to take it AT&T to be repaired I decided what the heck and tried one more time and did something your not supposed to do. When I got to the part were the phone said Goodbye I held the power button to restart the phone. The phone rebooted and the downgrade finished without any problems. Right now I'm upgrading back to the latest build available to the Insider Slow Ring. I would only recommend this as a absolute last chance solution and you feel like you have nothing else to lose.

:)

Winuser, Sep 21, 2016

2. Open letter to Nokia from a C6-00 deceived user.

FYI, Nokia C6 aint a bad phone, and yes for some products it had issues but i got it without any bugs , was just awesome !! i do regret updating to latest firmware, but i am sure its not gonna take longer, for a stable fw

drift_amith, Sep 21, 2016
  3. rizt Win User
    Australia has launched Symbian Anna!

Telstra don't have any call centres in India. All their call centres are located either in Australia or the Phillipines.

Just FYI.

Also, I just updated to Anna. Feels awesome. Much MUCH better than Symbian 3. Too bad you have to wait.

Thema:

Bad Phone Update FYI

1. Bad Phone Update FYI - Similar Threads - Bad Phone Update

2. 5 Copilot FYIs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 Copilot FYIs: No Copilot section in the Forum. Maybe this will have more notice here than in the Bing section. If Admin doesn't agree, move it to Bing. It, also, applies to the Microsoft Edge section. It is frowned upon to have the same info in multiple sections.In Copilot at the bottom in...
  3. 5 Copilot FYIs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 Copilot FYIs: No Copilot section in the Forum. Maybe this will have more notice here than in the Bing section. If Admin doesn't agree, move it to Bing. It, also, applies to the Microsoft Edge section. It is frowned upon to have the same info in multiple sections.In Copilot at the bottom in...
  4. 2 Copilot FYIs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Copilot FYIs: No Copilot section in the Forum. Maybe this will have more notice here than in the Bing section. If Admin doesn't agree, move it to Bing. It, also, applies to the Microsoft Edge section. It is frowned upon to have the same info in multiple sections.In Copilot at the bottom in...
  5. 2 Copilot FYIs

2 Copilot FYIs: No Copilot section in the Forum. Maybe this will have more notice here than in the Bing section. If Admin doesn't agree, move it to Bing. It, also, applies to the Microsoft Edge section. It is frowned upon to have the same info in multiple sections.In Copilot at the bottom in...
  6. FYI Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  7. FYI Malware

FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  8. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC: We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log...
  9. fyi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fyi: Immediately after installing the 19041 upgrade, while I was reading a techraider review of claws email, I got a message saying it was from "disapproval" dot and a extension, claiming the Edge browser was corrupt and a phone number I googled and found was from Phoenix....
  10. Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI: This is for any geeky mad scientist types that are interested in this sort of thing. I installed the April 2018 update (1803) on 4 PCs recently. I noticed a significant difference in the installation time between one older desktop and a newer laptop, the laptop took MUCH...